Enjoyable car/championship combos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ozmac
  • 1 comments
  • 511 views
Messages
72
This afternoon I found myself in a car I love - the BMW M3 GTR – entered in the European Championship. No mods, just an oil change. I ended up winning this championship with 33 points (2 firsts, 2 seconds, one third, one fourth), just one point in front of the McLaren Mercedes on 32 points. The AMG Merc 65 came in third, the Cizetta 4th, the TVR 350 5th, and the Audi RS last. For the BMW, each race was worth 190 A-Spec points. I won at Grand Valley Speedway and at Cote d'Azur. The McLaren won at Le Sarthe and the Ring. The AMG Merc won the first race at Paris Opera. Each time I started 6th, no practice, etc.

I'd have to say this was probably my most enjoyable combination of a car and a championship in more than a year of GT4 racing. The racing was close, and it came down to the last few corners before the championship was decided.

I consider myself an average driver, not a hero. So, how about it? Do you have any similarly good stories of cars entered where you had to really work hard to win a championship? (Hopefully I won't be inundated with stories of how someone almost God-like won the Japanese Championship in a Honda Step Van. Does anyone from the real world have any suggestions to toss into the ring?)
 
that's a big part of the charm of the game for me - discovering a vanilla car that is 'just right' for a certain chapmionship.

for me it was the M3 GTR (road version) on the schwarzwald B, and then with the prize AMG 190E EvoII touring car - right into the DTM. the only modification (aside from an oil change) i'd do on those cars is putting RS tyres on the Merc - driving on opera from 6th pos to 10sec lead at finish with your tyres glowing orange is major fun for me ; )

another recent treat along these lines was the RUF BTR'86 in the boxter championship - this car has all it takes to ace it (the only real problem was when a CTR2 would appear on the track).

from my older experiences, can't recall any details but i do remember that the 350z LM version was a joy-ride in the tuned cars championship. actually maybe way too easy (don't remember getting many a-spec points from that, so maybe that experience does not quite qualify for this category).
 
Back