Enjoying my time here

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_rpm
  • 16 comments
  • 1,293 views

GTP_rpm

Premium
Messages
1,181
Messages
GTP_rpm
Pretty much only use the GT5P section, so think it's more relative in here than in the more ''general'' sections.

The online racing has mostly been great, had some awesome scraps, ones which I wouldn't really of had if it wasn't for this forum.

Since I'm still quite new here, thought I'd say a bit more about myself...well, with some pictures :D

My two R/C toys. Used to race onroad, then sold the lot and got the Savage to take down the local skatepark. Then the latest edition, the Micro Losi - very good fun!
P240908_235601.jpg


My and my girlfriend last year in my brothers pits at Silverstone.
DSCN4409-ssmall-1.jpg


Recently sold this, had it for 4 years. This photo was taken just about to join the 'Ring ;) Managed a 9.34 with stock engine, worn brakes and a passenger.
RIMG0143-small.jpg


I work as a mechanic for Renault in England, pays bad but the job is fun. I've got 3 guitars, a eukulele (sp) and also have tonnes of vinyl and decks. I plan to buy a Megane R26 or a Clio 197 spring next year and visit the 'Ring every month - that place is simply the best place in the world!

Thanks again, I'll be getting a camcorder soon with a tri-pod to record my online races ;)

Ian
 
lol... I ued to work for renault a few years back... bought an R26 2 weeks ago today and took it to the ring last saturday... was a week and a day old and had 300 miles on the clock when I set out!

Was like my 7th trip there... think im addicted to the place
 
was funny, had a clio 172 before that (phase 1) and was quicker in that round there than in the megane... mind you probably has something to do with fear of crashing the megane compared to a £2k clio lol.

Not a bad time at all with that crx! was low 9's in the clio... thats 172bhp as standard (as im sure you know lol) with a cat back, bmc and uprated brakes
 
awesome, i'm jealous you guys have access to such a great track. Is it truly as they say, pay the toll and away you go? If so i think i'm going to have to move there. All of the tracks i know of here (seabring etc) don't have that kind of access. They dont have many open track days and you usually have to belong to a car club. :grumpy:

In europe did the Crx come with the B16 DOHC vtec? I know in america we get the watered down versions with the SOHC and vtec in the Si models. My friend had a 91 crx he taught me to drive manual on, and then he swapped in the j-spec b16 and let me drive that. I was always into cars but that B16 Crx is what got me into "modified" cars and it just spiraled out of control from there. :)👍
 
Yeah the nurburgring you buy lap tickets at a hut or machine.. (can buy anything from a single lap to a years pass!!!)

Other circuits usually you have to book in advance for either half a day or a whole day.
 
:crazy: in your brothers pits....... How did he come to owning a garage?
 
My and my girlfriend last year in my brothers pits at Silverstone.
DSCN4409-ssmall-1.jpg

Wait a sec....woah! Celebrity on the forums!
Thats awesome 👍

Next I'll be hearing about how Damon Hill's son is beating us all on GT5:P :scared:

:crazy: in your brothers pits....... How did he come to owning a garage?

Super Aguri + Anthony Davidson = this is Ian Davidson were talking to ;)
 
The CRX's in the UK mostly came in 16v/vtec.

1988-1991 were D16a9's and then 1991-1993 were B16a1's (aka vtec).

Mine were both 16v's and non-vtec. Vtec's fetch about twice the price 16v's do!

But, she was totally stripped out, one bucket seat with harness, Koni suspension and was the only car out of 10 not to break anything on the way to, around and back from the 'Ring :D

LOL @ Ardius, please! Ant's not a celebrity and I'm definately not! I only put it up because it's the only picture where I think me and my girlfriend look good :P
 
Pretty much only use the GT5P section, so think it's more relative in here than in the more ''general'' sections.

The online racing has mostly been great, had some awesome scraps, ones which I wouldn't really of had if it wasn't for this forum.

Since I'm still quite new here, thought I'd say a bit more about myself...well, with some pictures :D


Ian

Cool pictures, lucky you that you went to the Nur ;) GOOD time as well. How were the pits? Drove that formula car? haha

By the way, with hair like that you look like an American mechanic ;)
 
Welcome to the forums 👍

That's a really nice looking CRX, any other pics of it? (Out of interest, if you do have any other pics of it stick them in the What do you drive? or Post a pic of your real car threads :)

@Ardius, I think Josh Hill has plenty to think about driving his Ginetta supporting the BTCC to be too concerned about GT5:P :p
 
Welcome, enjoy!

Good racing with you, look forward to more.
 
Pretty much only use the GT5P section, so think it's more relative in here than in the more ''general'' sections.

No it's not more relative in here. If everyone shared the same thought as you then this entire forum would be a complete mess. :rolleyes:
 
@Ardius, I think Josh Hill has plenty to think about driving his Ginetta supporting the BTCC to be too concerned about GT5:P :p

Yes, I've been watching him, a good first year for him. But the season is over now, so....;)
 
You know, you have the right to put embarrassing childhood memories on your brothers Wikipedia page. :p
 
Back