Enjoying the game more second time around???

  • Thread starter Thread starter philipmotorz
  • 4 comments
  • 596 views
Messages
26
Messages
GTP_philipmotorz
Since becoming a member of GT Planet I decided to enter the WRS. Though due to the rules and regulations I had to start a new PSN account under the GTP name. I must say that I am enjoying working my way through the game again. I really did feel it was going to be a chore and considered not bothering.

My initial account has a completion rate of 40% though I am finding that I am spending more time on my GTP account now and paying a lot more effort to my driving skills, car choice and tuning options. I feel that most of this is due to the fact that I was rushing to complete the game in my first account and I am now much more relaxed about completing the game in my own time. Also I am making better decisions regarding car choices and trying to pick cars for events to make races as close as possible. In races I am also more patient regarding making overtaking decisions and also my ethics towards racing. Maybe its due to the fact I want to make myself as good a driver as possible for the WRS events (as at the moment I aint no Schumacer)......

Just wondering has anybody else found this if they had to level up for the WRS and also if members have started the game again for whatever reason are they enjoying it more second time around????
 
I might do this as I cant remember for the life of me what cars I used for all those events!
 
I thought about starting over at another account too just for fun, and to redo all (some races). But I dropped that plan very quick because it felt pointless in my situation.

I wish PD is going to change its mind about seasonal events and adding regulations to them like before. Something to challenge myself, something you don`t have to force yourself using a car which could be way better. That was the problem for the whole A-spec career.
 
I thought about starting over at another account too just for fun, and to redo all (some races). But I dropped that plan very quick because it felt pointless in my situation.

I wish PD is going to change its mind about seasonal events and adding regulations to them like before. Something to challenge myself, something you don`t have to force yourself using a car which could be way better. That was the problem for the whole A-spec career.

Exactly.....They really should have more regulations in events.... That is why I am now putting cars into races that are pretty identical to the other cars on the track rather then my previous accounts ploy to not really care what car entered the race. It makes for a much more fun and rewarding experience.
 
Yeah, the first time around, there's the "win at all costs" mentality. Second time around, just relax and enjoy the game. :)

The balance is a bit out of whack, so you can throw beast cars at every event, which seems to be how most people go about it the first time around. Once you stop doing that, the challenge is nice. I find I start picking out more cars to play with, not just the ones that I know I can win with.
 
Back