Enter key issue when replying

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 2 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sometimes when I am replying to a thread on mobile, pressing enter creates a new line, but the cursor doesn't move down there. So I will create a new line and then start typing, but instead of the words I type being on the line below, it just continues after the full stop I have just put at the end of the previous sentence. It doesn't happen all the time (I haven't had it happen while typing this), but it still happens regularly enough to be an issue.

I'm using Chrome as my browser on a Google Pixel Android phone, if any of that helps.
I have had this issue on other XenForo forums, but not other text based websites.

I've had the same issue.

Line breaks seem to only work properly after punctuation marks. If you try to line break without one, it creates the line break(s), but the cursor won't move down.

That's what I've found anyways.

Last edited:
It looks like this is a fairly long-standing bug in the rich-text editor on some Android browsers. I can see it on my Pixel 3a test device running Android 11 as well.

It's not something I can fix, but @kolio's suggestion of line breaks after punctuation marks does seem to work.

Otherwise, you can use the basic text editor to avoid the bug. You can enable it by clicking the [] button.

Last edited:
Back