Enter the Matrix for PC

Well, I went and bought this game yesterday... but I have not seen the movie yet. Here's what I think about it so far.

Graphically, the game is beautiful. However, even with my Ti4200, I have noticed some things. I have Antialiasing on two (I may increase it to 4 but that will cause a serious drop in performance) and the game looks somewhat jaggy. Especially in the in-game cutscenes. An example of this is when an Agent morphs back into a SWAT team member, you can see the SWAT team member's chin through his ski mask. I also noticed that sniping is a bit of a pain because you have to use the numbers 3 and 4 for zooming in and out.

Playing the game however is another story. You will love seeing the bulletime effects, being able to fight hand to hand(the game is really fluid in this area), and more. The game is by no means easy(I have it on normal difficulty), but the challenge is worth it. It makes you think about what actions you need to take to advance in the game. It plays out much like Half-Life.

Other than these obvious flaws, it makes you feel as if you are actually in The Matrix. I suggest anyone who is a serious gamer or Matrix fan go pick this game up. It will be worth your money.

I opted for the PS2 version. I haven't played the PC version, but I would suspect it is hard to play with a keyboard and a mouse. A gamepad might work well though. What do you think about the difficulty playing with a keyboard and mouse?

Actually, I'd rather play with a keyboard and mouse just because you tend to have better accuracy. Although, for hand to hand moves, it doesn't really matter. For example, take Medal of Honor:Frontline for PS2. I found incredibly difficult to aim because you had to use the dual sticks to move. Thats why I prefer a mouse and keyboard.

On a side note, I've finished the game with ghost and I think that the game could have been delayed a few months to iron out several things. The biggest being the driving sections, as these are next to impossible because Niobe drives like she is literally drunk thus crashing into walls, pillars(alot of this during the stage with the twins. You'll know what I mean.), or anything solid. They also could have incorporated the video setup screen into the menus in the game instead of letting it be a prestartup screen(on PC).

Hmmm...maybe I should check out the PC version.

I played the PS2 version for about 3 hours last night. I started expieriencing the glitch everyone is talking about after hacking a game. In a couple of sections it isn't loading and the screen goes black and you have to reset. People on other forums are checking into things, email the company, etc.... Don't know if the PC version does this, but it should be a lot easier to fix on the PC because they can release a patch for it.

Well, it has crashed on me if I walked into an area on the level "Breakout!" in the post office level. Thats the only time it crashes, other than when my cpu overheats which is a different problem.

Dammit Dammit Dammit Wachowski brothers :mad: Saw Reloaded in Seattle. And I WANTED the Soundtrack so I bought it. (As the first one need I say ?) and then had a chat with a guy in Sam Goodys (recordstore) that told me that yo actually NEED to complete the game in order to get all the pieces for the lasrger puzzle.. So now I'm waiting for my game dealer to get the damn game shipped (PC) so I can get on with GT3.....

AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH

Cool thing though. On premiere night (15th) there were crowds of ppl going to see it dressed as Neo, Morpheus and Trinity... Very very cool to behold.... (Saw it on the 16th. Theatre only half full)

Back