Enthusia on PS3 80Gb (original model) - awful framerate

• Thread starter stodge
  • 7 comments
I just bought a new LCD TV to replace my old Sony Trinitron that finally died (yay!). I plugged it into my PS3 80Gb (original model with PS2 support) about a week ago and last night I fired up Enthusia. The framerate is horrendous! I'm sure it falls to about 2 frames/sec in some cases, which I'm sure it didn't do with my old TV. Has anyone played Enthusia on a PS3 80Gb model? How's the framerate?

Thanks

I just got this game back out of the drawer last week after reading some of the comments here. Really a great game, I don't know why I didn't like it this well a couple of years ago....Anyhoo I play the game on my PS2 but after reading about your problem I popped it into my 60 gig PS3 (about 2 years old). I run an HDMI connection to an LCD HDTV on my PS3. It worked great for about 2 hours then suddenly in middle of a race the game slowed down to a slide show.

My quess it's the dreaded backward compatability problem. The good news is that I actually prefer to run the game on the PS2. I run thru an HD connection to the above mentioned TV. Looks good considering all things.

I believe the 60Gb has full hardware emulation - the 80Gb is a mix of s/w and h/w emulation. I guess it's just poor emulation. I keep hoping they release full s/w emulation for all PS3s that works. *sigh* guess I'll have to trade Enthusia then.

I have a launch 80 Gig and have played Enthusia on it. I don't remember any framerate issues, though I suppose I could check. I am pretty sure that I had no problems though, you might want to try it on a different TV if possible.

I have played Enthusia on a launch 60gig unit on a 52" 1080p LCD. Worked well, but not as well as when played through the PS2 on the same TV. This I find for all my PS2 games.

For some reason my PS2 games fair better when played through the PS2, in regards to graphics and performance.

;)

Back