Enthusia P. R. "...I haz its"

• Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 16 comments
PeachSergeantz
Same as PSN but I dont use it.
608022-ps2_enthusia_thumb.jpg

Well I finally found the $ 3.99 game at a near gamestop. I bought it and its really different than what I expected. Music, car selection, simulation career( aka "entusia life"). I can compare it alot to TXR Drift 2. But Comparing this game to gt4 in physics is easy(with Driving force pro).
GT4: accurate response in steering, great front tires. lame plastic spining tire(a good plastic tire)
Enthusia: better in everything but slow-ish steering response.

Other than that, the game is awesome. Not dissapointed at all. I was very happy to get it.

Bonus: I also got TOCA 2 and V-Rally 3. They also amazed me but neither seems to work with the driving force pro. V-Rally 3: done DS2 only. TOCA 2 does but i can't adjust. The game seems to play as if like I were steping on the brake but I'm not. Help?

i have also bought it last week.

it arrived via postal. Towmorrow i gonna pick it up.
didn't want to miss on a such acclaimed car game

Welcome in this section, tfujiwara and *ibo* S3 Racer! I hope you will post some Tsukuba Time Attack times in my topic.

I just went to the postal. (got also my GT4P Sig Edition :D )
Now i'm in the club. It's really cool. I like it.

Maybe it's offtopic, but I read in a japanese BBS that part of the Enthusia staff has been hired by Polyphony Digital and are working on GT5 physics. Can anybody confirm this?

I did some research and it appears that Yutaka Ito (Car physics programming) from Enthusia was credited in GT5P.
Interesting! :) Sure Enthusia had its problems like sluggish steering, but on the other hand, the game replicated weight transfer much better than GT4 IMO.

Question.

Anyone know if Enthusia works OK on the PS3, mine is an original fat 60gig - so I know its compatible in theory with PS2 titles, but I also know that can be hit and miss.

Posting about it has made me want to give it a play again, the games cheap, but I'm not buying a PS2 just to play it.

Scaff

I can tell you it works, from personal experience. The visuals got very old though (our eyes got HD'ed these last few years).

Still, the sound is amazingly good (still better than all latest-gen console games IMHO). And the physics do stand a comparison, although you know, as I do also, the flaws do hit at high speeds. Not the best game console physics anymore but then again ... PD did the right thing and if EPR made them up their game, I guess we can be thankful.

Back