Entire save game deleted. what can I do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter efmd3
  • 23 comments
  • 2,230 views
Messages
9
Messages
efmd3
so my ps3 froze up after winning the supercar festival. rebooted and my save game file has been deleted.
i was level 22 a spec and just got to lvl 9 bspec. had over 100 cars in the garage and 1.5million credits.
any way to recover my save?
 
I take it you didn't have it backed up on a thumb drive?
 
Did you have a backup? If not, got to Options, then scroll all the way down. Select the one with the GT symbol & pick Scavenge Files.
 
I guess unless you backed up any save of GT5 to a USB Stick, theres no way you will get it back :/
 
Did you have a backup? If not, got to Options, then scroll all the way down. Select the one with the GT symbol & pick Scavenge Files.

tried this. it said no files to salvage... :(
 
Seems you will have to re-start with 20,000 credits and 0 cars in your garage. After reading that a large number of gamers have lost their savegame, I have started a proceedure. I have a USB Stick in one of the PS3's USB slot, permanently installed. After every gaming session, I am copying my save game. Better safe than sorry.
 
Seems you will have to re-start with 20,000 credits and 0 cars in your garage. After reading that a large number of gamers have lost their savegame, I have started a proceedure. I have a USB Stick in one of the PS3's USB slot, permanently installed. After every gaming session, I am copying my save game. Better safe than sorry.

heard. will do this as well!
just got the penniless trophy! LOL
 
Noob-question: I only have a 4GB-stick, is that sufficient?
 
Noob-question: I only have a 4GB-stick, is that sufficient?

By far I keep a 32MB SD card (the kind that goes in cameras) in my "Fatboy" PS3
 
heard. will do this as well!
just got the penniless trophy! LOL


Wow. My hat's off to you - you're taking this amazingly well!
 
That's a hard pill to swallow! Start over from 0 or sell the game? It depends from whenever you like or love GT or it's just another title. If i would loose mine save file i would not bother to starting over, but I've already did my platinum so i would start with a different approach. Grinding is not a option so earning cash and buying good cars would be in right place.
 
Ouch! Unless you have the game save backed-up somewhere, then there's no way you can get back to where you were before without doing everything again. :nervous:
 
Noob-question: I only have a 4GB-stick, is that sufficient?

more than enough, a 1GB thumb drive will do just fine.
 
I'm level 28 Aspec and level 16 Bspec and I've never backed up my game.....I guess I'm playing with fire. I'm just afraid I'll hit the wrong button or something when I go to save to my USB stick. Is it complicated for a noob (like myself) who knows nothing about technology to save to a USB stick?
 
any one? I'd read this thread now and I went out to my car to fetch my USB stick i use to play music. But cant find out how I transfer :indiff:
 
any one? I'd read this thread now and I went out to my car to fetch my USB stick i use to play music. But cant find out how I transfer :indiff:

The first Red X is the triangle button. The second Red X is a picture of the PS3 controller

Copying saved data to storage media (making a backup)


Data that was saved to the hard disk can be exported to storage media, and saved data that has been exported can be imported to the hard disk. Select the saved data that you want to export or import, press the
b_triangle.gif
button, and then select [Copy] from the options menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation. It is recommended that you copy important data for backup purposes.


Hints

  • Some saved data cannot be copied.
  • Saved data cannot be copied during content playback using other features, such as playback of music files.
  • Saved data of PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software can also be copied to a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2) or a memory card. For details, see [Using saved data on memory cards] under
    in_game.gif
    (Game) > [Playing PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software] in this guide.
  • An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3™ system.
Notices

  • Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
  • Also, PlayStation®2 format software cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SCE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.
 
Last edited:
The first Red X is the triangle button. The second Red X is a picture of the PS3 controller

Copying saved data to storage media (making a backup)


Data that was saved to the hard disk can be exported to storage media, and saved data that has been exported can be imported to the hard disk. Select the saved data that you want to export or import, press the
b_triangle.gif
button, and then select [Copy] from the options menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation. It is recommended that you copy important data for backup purposes.


Hints

  • Some saved data cannot be copied.
  • Saved data cannot be copied during content playback using other features, such as playback of music files.
  • Saved data of PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software can also be copied to a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2) or a memory card. For details, see [Using saved data on memory cards] under
    in_game.gif
    (Game) > [Playing PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software] in this guide.
  • An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3™ system.
Notices

  • Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
  • Also, PlayStation®2 format software cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SCE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.

Thank you!
 
Yup, basically just insert your USB drive, see that it's showing up on your PS3 "desktop" (Mine says "Cruzer" because it's that kind of drive, for example). Go into the Game Save Utility (three spots above the GT5 game disk icon), where you should see the Game Save Data (and just above that, you should see your USB drive icon show up). Highlight the Game Save file, hit the triangle ("Options") button, and it will offer you options for "Copy", "Delete", and "Information", if I remember correctly. Hit "Copy", and it will ask you where to copy to, and show the USB drive icon. Hit "OK", and that should do it.

When you go to save game data later, it will tell you there is already a file there with that name, and ask if you want to overwrite it. I do mine pretty much daily, just in case. And once a week, I back up the USB drive to a file on my computer AND to an external hard drive. I've been burned too many times by computer hard drives or motherboards dying. :)
 
the backup process is very easy. i was aware of it before i lost my file, just never thought i would need it :/

now i've backed up every save on my ps3!
 
back up to lvl 7 aspec and 4 bspec with over 200k in the wallet!
getting back up there!
if you lose your game save its not the end of the world, haha
 
Back