Epiphany - Drifting GT3 and GT4

• Thread starter PatsBard
  • 20 comments
patsbard
So I'm sitting here wondering why GT4 doesn't seem quite as fun as GT3. At first I thought it was because with all the different races, you can't really pick just a couple cars and get used to them (like my Evo VI RS and Toyota One in GT3), but then I started cruising the Drifting threads and now I've got it. 💡 I had a blast sliding around corners in GT3 and when I got to GT 4 it was either straight into the walls or putt-putting around the corners to keep in control...it's just that drifitng is so much different in this one. I just have to relearn how to drift and hopefully that will bring back some of the joy. Of course, that means my SO won't let me drive in RL again until I'm off the GT kick. :lol: "What do you mean I can't power slide in a Tracker???"

Anyone else take so long to rediscover the joy?

well I loved the game until I discovered drifting, I am more of just a driver I don't like sliding too much I mean it is cool and all but it is so difficult and I am so deep into trying to learn I have not raced any races in like 4 days just trying to learn drift. On a final note the reason I am not as enthusiastic as I was when I got this game(early) because I am so obsessed with trying to learn even though I hate it because it aggrivates me :D

I felt the drifting to be more realistic, because hey, it is a realism simulator and I also drift some in real life. I loved the game when I bought it, loved it more when I unlocked more things and loved it even more when I got money to go buy a drift car and actually drift some. To answer the question, it didn't take long at all, perhaps a few minutes of readjusting some drift settings and a few more to get it going and that was it.

This is how real drifters start,not in the game I mean, but in real life, I think gt4 has gone so real with the grip racing that they desided the same with drifting as well,I mean why do you think they have D1 cars?,if you want, go get the drift bible if you have a GT pro 900degree wheel.

Nicely said ND, couldn't say it better my self. I mean if they going to put D1 cars witch are made to drift in, whats the point if you can't drift in them realalisticly? Thats why they made it seem real so you would know how the real drifters feel when they are at D1. PD had to do something other then racing. Even though they didn't make a mode for it they gave you a hit that you could drift in the game. Witch was the D1 cars.
-TD

Honestly, I have more fun drifting in GT4 then GT3 for the simple fact that it takes more effort and precision. GT3 drifting was fairly easy. I mean, you could feint with almost no effort.

I can see how it's not as fun coming from GT3, but it's more techincal and somewhat more realistic.

GT4 is more challenging to drift, but that's why I like it. the feel of it is so much more rewarding. Steering in GT3 was a bit dull and unresponsive when drifting IMO, a bit too easy.

Yea, that was true. Anybody could pick up gt3 and with practice, get a good lap down.

Gt4 however, you must apply knowledge that you learn from other sources. Then apply it to Gt4.

MdnIte
Yea, that was true. Anybody could pick up gt3 and with practice, get a good lap down.

Gt4 however, you must apply knowledge that you learn from other sources. Then apply it to Gt4.
This is why I joined the Forum when I started GT4 👍

Drifting is toooo much fun!

i loved the game since i drifted.
once i said, "omg this game sucks, SO FREAKING BORING!"
then i found out about drifting..

and i experienced heavennnn~ :]

and yes, GT4 is funner to drift than to drift in GT3

apexd1fd3s
GT4 is more challenging to drift, but that's why I like it. the feel of it is so much more rewarding. Steering in GT3 was a bit dull and unresponsive when drifting IMO, a bit too easy.

gt3 u could get 90+ degree drifts in 4wd lolol
in gt4 its so much harder, but when u get good drifts it feels great lol

Swift
Honestly, I have more fun drifting in GT4 then GT3 for the simple fact that it takes more effort and precision. GT3 drifting was fairly easy. I mean, you could feint with almost no effort.

I can see how it's not as fun coming from GT3, but it's more techincal and somewhat more realistic.

It's more a matter of changing my mind set. GT3 was more linear...Beginner, then Amateur, then Professional, etc., so moving to GT4 where you can pretty much bounce around wherever you like and each country/region has its own set of races kind of threw me off. I think I advanced into the harder races before I should have. Not through the fault of the game, mind you, just my rush for "bigger, better, faster". :) I think I'll start fresh and take more time learning the cars...setting them for the races and then setting them for drifting. I had a lot of fun with the Lotus Elise 111R '04 straddling the fine line between controlled sliding and "whoops, where did this beach come from?!" and then I lost it in the rush to get a higher completion percentage.

So. I'll be checking some of the car recommendations here and when I load the game up I'll remind myself that completing the game will be a lot more rewarding if I have fun while I'm doing it.

goin home for spring break to get my dfpro. also ordered drift bible on the 17th. cant wait to get my setup together. yeah gt4 drifting is alot more rewarding. good luck to everyone else.

foshoazn
Drift Bible is awesome. only if gt4 had a clutch, so we can do the shift lock technique :) .

yea... too bad. it would be sweet to have that advanced of a simulator available. i'm sure the steering wheel will eventually evolve with a clutch for future GT series.

They should just create a manual gearbox for it. It would be kinda crazy if there was force feedback for the manual gearbox, so that if you let go of the clutch when shifting, you would grind the gears. Or even stall the car. It would be sooo much fun with a clutch :).

I feel that gt4 drifting is better than gt3 cause it's more of a challenge and more realistic. Just can't expect to drift perfectly in an instant.

The only thing that i've noticed about GT4, besides the really touchy control is that if you hold the d pad in a certain direction that it'll keep the rev or rev it higher into the gear.

Ex. I was racing around a course that had alot of corns and everytime that i turned and took my finger off the buttom it keep reving higher, sending me into a wall.

Back