Error: Blocked by XSS auditor.

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 6 comments
Sweden
Sweden
eran0004
This error occurs when I go to a post I previously made, click on Edit and then More options.
Any idea what might be causing it?

The post in question contains three links:
  1. A @[username] link mentioning another GTPlanet member.
  2. A link to another post at GTPlanet.
  3. A link to a track at gran-turismo.com
Other than that it's all just plain text.

Skärmbild (67).png

This is an ongoing issue caused by a recent update to Chrome. Basically, Chrome has increased some security features to a point where it is breaking functionality that many web forms use to process data. Web developers, including the developers who create our forum software, are currently evaluating the best way to deal with this change, but it's not clear how or when this will be resolved.

Until then, the only way around the issue is to remove any links to GTPlanet's domain name (gtplanet.net) in your post before clicking the "More Options..." button, then re-adding them on the new edit screen. Or, you can simply edit the entire post in the pop-up editor and save it directly from there (not using the "More Options" link), or use another browser instead of Chrome.

This is an ongoing issue caused by a recent update to Chrome. Basically, Chrome has increased some security features to a point where it is breaking functionality that many web forms use to process data. Web developers, including the developers who create our forum software, are currently evaluating the best way to deal with this change, but it's not clear how or when this will be resolved.

Until then, the only way around the issue is to remove any links to GTPlanet's domain name (gtplanet.net) in your post before clicking the "More Options..." button, then re-adding them on the new edit screen. Or, you can simply edit the entire post in the pop-up editor and save it directly from there (not using the "More Options" link), or use another browser instead of Chrome.
Would refusing updates to Chrome also work? For those who haven't already updated recently?

I wouldn't recommend that.

I don't know which version of Chrome introduced this, but it was first noticed over two months ago, so it is likely far too late to avoid this by not updating the browser, anyway.

I haven't had this issue, although I seem to run into a lot of SkimLink error pages after linking to certain websites.

I haven't had this issue, although I seem to run into a lot of SkimLink error pages after linking to certain websites.
A SkimLink error page? What does that look like?

A SkimLink error page? What does that look like?
Let me see if I can find one.

Looks like this:
skimlinks.png

I usually run into these after linking to tvtropes.org.

Edit: And my links are usually totally fine in any other browser or tab.

Back