error message 8071053D

  • Thread starter Thread starter Racin510s
  • 4 comments
  • 1,338 views
Messages
1,794
United States
Mocksville, NC
Messages
Please ask
I had to swap out TVs and now I cannot connect to the PSN. I keep getting the message An error has occurred You have been signed out of PSN.

I googled the error and followed the instructions to test or make a new connection. My PS3 is hard wired. I rebooted my modem and the PS3 and still get the same message. I would appreciate any help offered.

Edit: I went to the Playstation website for a tech chat and in big red letters says PSN is down. I'm in the mid Atlantic area. How many people are getting this message?
 
Last edited:
If you have Time Warner I just got off the chat line with them. Here is what they told me and how to get you back up and running. Should work with any ISP.


Playstation Network - Connection Issues.

SONY says PSN is up and running and if you still can not connect to call your ISP. I'm think the run around has just commenced.

Time Warner is having a problem with their DNS Server at this time and are working to resolve the issue and to do the following to correct it until they make repairs. They said it will not affect speed.

Time Warner told me to do this and it worked.

1) Set up internet connection
2) Select Wired or Wireless
3) Select Automatic for your ISP address settings
4) DHCP Select DO Not Specify
5) DNS Settings Select Manual
6) For Primary DNS change it to 8.8.8.8 for Secondary DNS change it to 8.8.4.4
7) MTU settings select Automatic
8) Proxy Select - Do Not Use
9) UPnP - Enable
10) Press X to Save Settings and Test Connection.

Hope this works for you if you are having issues.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are google DNS servers.
 
@ynot Sorry for the delay and thank you for the advice. 👍 As it turns out there was a maintenance going on with PSN and not a problem with the PS3 or Time Warner.

Problem Resolved 08/19/14
 
@ynot Sorry for the delay and thank you for the advice. 👍 As it turns out there was a maintenance going on with PSN and not a problem with the PS3 or Time Warner.

Problem Resolved 08/19/14
Time Warner still jacked up in San Antonio, TX. Have to keep it on the Google DNS Servers to log in to PSN.
 
Back