Escudo TT: collecting reward?

• Thread starter LSFDRX
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hey all, I just put in a couple laps with the Escudo in the Time Trail and am at 3.03% (.04 off gold!) which got me the silver and 1 million credits, but I got stumped when it comes to the reward. It says to "go to sport mode" to collect the it... but I can't figure out how as of yet. Anyone have any advice on this one? Is this is a me problem or what?

I'll delete the thread if this is covered elsewhere, but I searched to no avail.

I'm headed back to gold it at the moment. This thing is wild, but I'm turning 1:38-9s pretty consistently with a LOT of room to clean up, so I'm hopeful for gold here in a bit. It would be nice to get that money when I do though!

That should be obvious. Anyone could come and set a decent time early, one that's close to the top time. But the point of the hot lap challenge is it lasts a while, so everyone has a chance. You also need to be ready to improve if you wanna stay in the fastest third.

Last edited:
That should be obvious.

I don't know about "obvious", but I should have figured it out myself for sure.

Thanks for the replies! I should have seen on the prompt stating it ends on 7/6. I just didn't register the date in my head as being in the future. Ha ha, I'm a dummy.

I did improve my time to a 1:37.551, which puts me right near 2%, so that might hold for a bit. The laps I've put in are still far from optimized though, and I really love these TT challenges, so I'll be putting in more work on it sometime soon hoping for at least 1:36s. It's a tricky beast on the brakes.

Mods feel free to delete this thread if this information isn't relevant or useful.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with the payout system for the time trials that has been introduced as I am not in favour of the payout system that has been introduced.

For me PD should be setting the bench mark time not having the calculation based off the top players time. I realise this creates extra work and why they have choosen the easy way out but the simple hard truth is I will always come bronze in these events?

Why?

Manual Transmission

Due to personal limiations I cannot learn manual transmission on cars and when to shift up/downshift etc, especially downshift because my brain cannot process the button sequence and how to brake/downshift at the same time and I am guessing I am a very small minority that can only drive on AT so when I saw this event I thought I would 'try' but very quickly realised this is MT supremacy at best.

One change I feel that should be introduced is they should have two 'categories' so it checks if you are AT or MT and then puts you into that leaderboard, I feel that would be fairer and make people like myself more inclinced to try the new event knowing they'd get some bonus money but to only get bronze each time, well it's not worth me spending time and effort to try and hook a lap together....

Back