ESWC GT4 $40k Tournament

  • Thread starter Thread starter san-tokie
  • 10 comments
  • 920 views
damn I had no idea gaming tournaments offered that much money! 1st place for Counter Strike is $52,000! wow... That's better then manyof the real pro sports/racing purses.
 
holl01 and hot604boi are both in these forums.

Counterstrike's a team game, of course, so that $52,000 would have to split a minimum four ways...still not a bad chunk of change though :). CPL's big events pay higher, I think.
 
If only I was decent at GT4, my future money problems could be solved... :(

Anyway, even if I was good enough, I would surely get my ass handed to me. :lol:
 
Oh man, I want to enter that tournament. Though I'll never win, it'll still be fun.
 
btw, you can't just enter big pro gaming competitions. they have a series of qualifiers just like any sport.
 
I'm a little curious as to how two Brits have entered without there being any British GT4 events.
 
Famine
I'm a little curious as to how two Brits have entered without there being any British GT4 events.

Found this on the site, prob. explains the two Brits...

"9 other slots will be open to players who don’t have national preliminaries in their country. They are able to fill in a candidate application form on the official website http://www.esworldcup.com from Friday 11 April to 2 May. The Organizing Committee of ESWC will then analyze each candidate application and will proceed to the selection of the 9 players according to their performances and their past achievements."
 
I hope they have video clips of at least the winners. I am curious to see what their lap times are, setups, and racing lines. I wonder how they monitor GT4 races. If it's multiplayer you would have to have a knowledgable ref, like real life racing, to penalize avoidable and non avoidable contact.
 
Here's a thread I started the other day. We indeed have two GTP representatives competing this year in holl01 and hOt6o4bOi, I think they deserve all of GTP's support particularly since holl01 is a real chance to win it I reckon 👍 Here is a link to some info from last year too :) Oh and if you're wondering about holl01's credentials check this site out. (That's right...he has all 80 license records!!!!)
 
Yeah, Come oooooon, holl01 and hOt6o4bOi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Goes out and has someone make him a GTPlanet racing supporters ensemble*
 
Back