Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Spoilers)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 2 comments
  • 427 views

Mike Rotch

Aluminium Overcast
Staff Emeritus
Messages
13,827
Australia
Down under
Has anyone else seen this movie? Do you have any thoughts on it?

I saw it yesterday and I must say I really, really enjoyed it. I thought the cinematography really added to the surrealistic (if that is an appropriate description) nature of the story, and the way it was told.

I cant stand mainstream crap, and a totally off-the-wall story like this one is a breath of fresh air to me. I am a huge Jim Carrey fan, especially since he ditched the "funnyman role" in favour of more serious roles. I thought he and Kate Winslet played their parts fantastically, and Elijah Wood made a convincing slime-ball.

One thing that I didnt quite understand was how he was able to reason with Clementine in his mind when he was trying to hide his memories of her. It was almost as if she (the real Clem) was experiencing the same thing and that they subconscious's (?) were communicating. :boggled:

Any other comments?
 
I think they were supposed to be communicating subconsciousley. It was a clever film and I enjoyed it, there were bits that wern't covered until late on like when he meets clementine, he first sees he on the beach walking behind her, then on the train platform and then she introduces herself on the train, but he talks about them meeting at a party on the beach, you can guess some of it but theres quite a lot to guess. It's well filmed and well acted by Carrey and Winslet, I've only seen it once though, lke most of my DVD's.
 
:\

Sucks. This movie was just released at the cinema here :rolleyes: So i am guessing that if you have it on DVD, it must have been released ages ago.

Heh, i heard my friends muttering that they didnt know what was going on in the first 10 minutes.

Does the DVD have directors narration, or something similar?
 
Back