Eureka Moment :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 8 comments
  • 857 views
Messages
292
New Zealand
New Zealand
Watching a replay I switched to cockpit view to confirm I passed a Corvette C-5R down the back straight at Bathurst in a car that hit the limiter at 172mph & it dawned on me why you cant use cockpit view on AI cars, you might catch sight of their short legs.
I have concluded all AI drivers are modelled on 8 year olds so struggle to reach the pedals.
This would explain why they struggle to break & can only push the go pedal two thirds the way down & their behaviour in general.
 
OP, totally unnecessary post (yeah, we know, IA is broken, there's only 1,000,000 posts about it), or fail at attempting to be funny?
 
OP, totally unnecessary post (yeah, we know, IA is broken, there's only 1,000,000 posts about it), or fail at attempting to be funny?
I wouldn't say it wasn't funny. Personally I did that short, soft, outward breath thing through my nose. Was it hysterically funny? No. Was it worthy of a new thread? Probably not. But it's nice to see a light hearted take on a poor feature.
 
I'm confused, you *can* switch to the AI cockpit and/or normal view in replay mode.
 
I'm confused, you *can* switch to the AI cockpit and/or normal view in replay mode.

Normal mode yes but cockpit i.e. in car view no, I would guess the game just loads yours.
Off topic but I really wish they would put an internal light source in it to reduce the effect of shadows.
They spend ages modelling it & half the time you may as well be in a basic car cockpit because you cant see the dash.
 
My "Eureka Moment" came when I realised that PD had modeled the AI after Rubens Barrichello's performance in the 2002 F1 Austrian Gran Prix, see point 4 here.




;)
 
VBR
My "Eureka Moment" came when I realised that PD had modeled the AI after Rubens Barrichello's performance in the 2002 F1 Austrian Gran Prix, see point 4 here.

;)

That's probably because of Red Bull's involvement in GT. Mutli 21 and such. ;)
 
Back