European Clubman Cup at Suzuka (beating Gallo in his Giulia)

• Thread starter KAlex122
  • 18 comments
Austria
Austria
Niki_Kingrat
I have a feeling that this topic since Update 1.43 could deserve it's own thread.

Any suggestions how to beat that Alfa fair and square? I tried an Audi TTS, a Jaguar XJ220, an AMG GT. All on Sports Medium tires. After 2 laps i am 3 to 8 seconds behind first and then he goes away...

1709212141145.png

1709212170393.png

Hope this helps! :D

I have a feeling that this topic since Update 1.43 could deserve it's own thread.

Any suggestions how to beat that Alfa fair and square? I tried an Audi TTS, a Jaguar XJ220, an AMG GT. All on Sports Medium tires. After 2 laps i am 3 to 8 seconds behind first and then he goes away...
Audi R8 on sport mediums works quite well.
As this is a "suggested 600PP" race, you dont quite know for sure that the Gulia isnt above that.

Sorry, of course i meant "with the suggested PP".
By fair and square I already understood it to be included "in the rules".
The R8 at 600 PP on SM tyres was quite fine ;)

I guess the cars that are close to 600PP stock are best suited for this specific race, as they dont need to waste PP on suspension or transmission upgrades. The stock stuff works quite well as long as you dont invest into increasing power.

Did you beat it by now ?
At least I know what you're talking about as the exact thing happened in my first race attempt.
Used the Aston Martin DP-100, 599 PP, Tokyo setup ( not exactly great here ). Anyway, I was catching up consistently until the Giulia got up front and was gone. Finished P2 5 seconds behind her. In the next attempt, she got stuck in heavy traffic and I was able to pass her before she got in the lead.
Watched the replays later and saw her run 295 km/h down both straights, so you either need a car that is that fast at 600 PP or bit of luck - like me. ;)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240229181829.jpg

P.S. do we talk about hard race mode ?

Last edited:
I just did it with the Cayman GT4 at 599.47 PP - Sports Medium, Sports Suspension, Fully Customisable ECU, Sports Air Cleaner, Silencer, Exhaust Manifold, Normal Brake System & Pads, and Brake Controller. Didn't change any of the settings. And yes, I drive in Easy Mode, with controller. But the Cayman is always a good bet, because it's pretty fast and with the MR drivetrain quite stable in the turns.

Thank you all. Have not had the time to try again yet. And yes, we are talking about hard difficulty mode.

Edit: Ok, did it. Threw the idea of soft/medium tires out of the window and used my Tokyo Audi R8 on Sports Hard. 1,1 seconds in front at the end.

Last edited:
Gallo in the Giulia is very fast in this event, surprisingly for a generic Clubman Cup. I decided to follow him to see just how fast. Final lap Gallo passes the Lambo at start/finish line so clean track ahead, I lay back a bit so Gallo will set fast lap... 2.12 flat! Checked the replay, he's on SH tires. That's pretty quick for 600pp on SH so I tried to duplicate it with the same car. For me not even close, fastest lap I could muster was 2.17. I'm sure someone could match Gallo, give it a try.

Everyone should know by now that these AI cars are not stock, nor close to the PP suggested. The reality of it is that you need to over tune your car to beat them regardless of the "suggested PP"

I'm sure someone could match Gallo
I dont see me matching his top speed and having the car handle the way I want with 600pp.
I am not convinved his car is running at the suggested 600pp, but as the event isnt required and propably only there for a change and a challenge I suppose it is closer to 650pp.

Anyway, it is possible to win with just 600pp as a limit ;)

I dont see me matching his top speed and having the car handle the way I want with 600pp.
I am not convinved his car is running at the suggested 600pp, but as the event isnt required and propably only there for a change and a challenge I suppose it is closer to 650pp.
I think you're spot on at 650pp. I tuned up the Alfa to see what it would take to match the top speed. Result; 648pp, 751hp and it sounds the same. I suspect NOS as well, could stay right on him until the final back straight with identical exit speeds, he just walked away, earned him a hard punt in the final chicane :)

Stock AMG GT R did it easily first try on hard, slightly over the suggested PP though. His pace is a little variable because sometimes he'll get stuck in traffic right until the end of the 3rd lap, other times he's ahead a lap earlier.

That Giulia is ridiculously fast in a straight line. I did this race with my Aston Martin Vulcan on RS tires :lol: . Even with 800hp and sub 3,000lbs, the Giulia was actually faster on the main straight once it had traction. I tried this race with a stock Mclaren Mercedes SLR and couldn't get up to the top group in 3 laps.

I mean, I don’t want to state the obvious but…. Drive faster? Learn the track better? Learn how to pass the AI better?

I won this race with a 265hp Ferrari 308. It took a while to understand how to get around the slow AI but once I did that, I passed Gallo in to the hairpin on lap 2 and he wasn’t a problem after that. He hay be fast in a straight line, but he is really slow at cornering.

Went back to try this race again with the " recommended" car, the 911 GT3 (997) . It seems PD gave Gallo a 10 spot grid penalty since the first few days of 1.43. He used to start #5 now he's 15th on the grid, way easier now.

Back