European (Estonian) version, only BHP, no HP or KW

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyler5
  • 19 comments
  • 3,825 views
Messages
109
Estonia
Tallinn
Messages
ESTyler
why cant i change the engine power settings?
i only found a place in the options where its possible to select km/miles.
am i stuck with just BHP? i want to change it so it would show the engine power in KW's

thank You in advance for all the help
 
I have similar problem. In some mysterious way, I have got the turkish (?) version from my local gamestop in Norway. Language by example, is english or turkish. Booklet is in english ;)
 
i have the SAME EXACT copy. only english, turkish and japanese (i think).
so all the nordic countries got this copy? people, chime in please.
 
Elkjøp in norway also provides us with a version that's in English, turkish or greek.
 
dont feel like your the only ones, here in the US we can have HP and ft-lbs but still only have cars wieght in kilograms, just dumb.
 
omg that is ridiculous, how hard could it have been to add this feature?
i mean it was in gt4 and even in gt5p.
im extremely dissapointed if there is no fix for this.
BHP for a nordic european country? wtf. we use kW here.
 
Last edited:
I dont mind, I have cars HP and weight how I understand it;

HP, KG but torque is some weird measurement, I want NM or ft lbs not kgfm
 
Yeah everyone in Europe has the copy with the Turkish and Greek options. The only thing that determines which measurements you get is the language your XMB is set at.
 
I really hope they add this in a patch..
Can't be so difficult to add some units like Nm and PS/Hp
 
I dont mind, I have cars HP and weight how I understand it;

HP, KG but torque is some weird measurement, I want NM or ft lbs not kgfm

Multiply it by 9.81. Or 10 if you prefer to be close enough.
 
Its really a NEED for the next patch.

If youre used to PS or HP, its just stupid to only put kW to the stats! Why not both?

Fix it, please!!!
 
Officially it's kW. Hp just isn't an accurate measurment... Infact, it doesn't even exist. It's a quick fist rule used by farmers in the early days.

For example; if 1 man did the same work as 1 horse did, they had a combined "power" of 1 Hp. The only reason people use Hp, is people are used to it.
 
Officially it's kW. Hp just isn't an accurate measurment... Infact, it doesn't even exist. It's a quick fist rule used by farmers in the early days.

For example; if 1 man did the same work as 1 horse did, they had a combined "power" of 1 Hp. The only reason people use Hp, is people are used to it.

For the last time, 746 Watts = 1 horsepower. It is ONLY a conversion of watts, so if horsepower does not exist, then the WATT doesn't either.

And what you posted is gross misinformation.

Technically any measurement scale is an arbitrary way to put something into units. Therefore, it is impossible to measure something if something arbitrary can't be used as a measurement scale.

And there is no official measurement for the world round.

Some places use HP, some use PS, some use kW, some use others.
 
Yeah, I'm stuck with kW and am used to HP. Kinda sucks, really. While HP isn't officially used anymore in Germany, I for one (and many others, I assume) are still used to HP...

What's most annoying about it is the fact that you have to convert kW figures whenever you're talking to a foreigner, on GTPlanet, for example :grumpy:
Being able to switch back and forth between the different units would've been quite helpful...
 
There should be an option to change the measurements. I'm very surprised there isn't. I can't really relate to the fmkg.

GT5P had this feature..
 
I'm from the US but i prefer to use kg, Miles and N-m, but there is no option for N-m. Prologue had a whole bunch of choices, why did they take that out?
 
For the last time, 746 Watts = 1 horsepower. It is ONLY a conversion of watts, so if horsepower does not exist, then the WATT doesn't either.

And what you posted is gross misinformation.

Technically any measurement scale is an arbitrary way to put something into units. Therefore, it is impossible to measure something if something arbitrary can't be used as a measurement scale.

And there is no official measurement for the world round.

Some places use HP, some use PS, some use kW, some use others.

Nope. They used to use Hp in the early days, because they simply didn't have anything else. Hp is a load of rubbish. Because 1 horse is never exactly as strong as another... So it can't be converted. Its as simple as that.
 
Back