Eutechnyx secures 6 million pounds cash injection

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 20 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE
This can only be good news. Eutechnyx released in recent years Ferrari Challenge:Trofeo Pirelli and Supercar Challenge, and is about to release news on their new projects regarding racing games (they have been much more secretive about them than it is usual).

I know their games aren't consensual around here. But IMHO they are currently the best option for serious online-racing in the PS3 (especially Supercar Challenge), so I can only hope the best for their "new racer" (as in the eutechnyx forums we call it) and the "other racing game" they don't say a word about (unless that it is being made).

Source: http://press.eutechnyx.com/releases...r-eutechnyx-secures-£6-million-cash-injection

Eutechnyx needs to seriously look at both the physics and the FFB in their sims. One of the biggest problem with FC and persists in SC is the lack of proper front tire feel and behaviour. It doesn't feel rubbery, the way you get from great sim like iRacing and recently in the GT5 TT demo. Some people would put the term "pneumatic trail". Turning the wheel in FC and SC doesn't give you the impression that you're applying force and fighting against the tires propensity to align themselves but instead that you're just turning the wheel and because of this, the cars have a tendency to exaggerate oversteer.

Having money doesn't necessarily mean their next game will be good. Look at Toyota's F1 team, they kept throwing money at, yet it never really got better since they weren't putting it in the right places.

Eutechnyx secures 6 million pounds cash injection
I know their games aren't consensual around here.
Ferrari Challenge was the worst racing game I have ever played....even worse than Forza (the first one...didn't dare try the rest). I did not bother to read the link that you posted, but, IMHO, someone is wasting some pretty serious money on this lackluster team.

I don't think the Eutechnyx games are bad, they're just very different from the standard which everyone tries to emulate (GT). I think a lot of people find them difficult because they're so different and give up very quickly, instead of pushing through to find the good aspects of the games.

Consider Ferrari Challenge for what it is, a near two year old game. It has weather and a semblance of damage. It has a FFB system which communicates grip levels instead of taking the usual route of trying to communicate the forces acting on the wheels. This is not exactly realistic, but it does compensate somewhat for not being able to feel the car through your ass. It has deep, consistent physics and an interesting AI.

I will admit that it has some serious problems as well, but it was and is an interesting game. I look forward to seeing what the people who produced something of that quality can do with a solid amount of cash behind them. At the very least they'll turn out something interesting.

Eutechnyx should hire the best race game programmers now that they have secured some "spending money".

Eutechnyx needs to seriously look at both the physics and the FFB in their sims. One of the biggest problem with FC and persists in SC is the lack of proper front tire feel and behaviour. It doesn't feel rubbery, the way you get from great sim like iRacing and recently in the GT5 TT demo. Some people would put the term "pneumatic trail". Turning the wheel in FC and SC doesn't give you the impression that you're applying force and fighting against the tires propensity to align themselves but instead that you're just turning the wheel and because of this, the cars have a tendency to exaggerate oversteer.

Are you sure you've tried these games seriously? Or did you just made a few laps on each on time?

There's no game on the PS3 with better communication provided through the feedback on the wheel than SCC. The weight transfer feel is outstanding.

For people ,like me ,who like SCC this is a great new.Because I feel that most of the flaws this Series has can be easyly corrected if Eutechenyx wasn't so constrained by budget issues and Third parts(the money holders) imposed limitations on their,so far ,great work.
Let's hope that with a proper budget in development and Marketing they can do a even better job and offer us a real racing sim with tyre wear,fuel consumption,damages and pit stops:tup:

It's a shame somebody more like Simbin didn't get something like this. I really think the FC and SCC games were badly done with poor physics. The only thing that stopped them being completely forgettable is the good FF, which hides the poor physics for most people I know.

Definitely, something big is being "cooked" at eutechnyx or, at least, at their US branch:

http://press.eutechnyx.com/releases...ent-developer-eutechnyx-as-it-plots-expansion

Ferrari Challenge was the worst racing game I have ever played....even worse than Forza (the first one...didn't dare try the rest). I did not bother to read the link that you posted, but, IMHO, someone is wasting some pretty serious money on this lackluster team.

TigJackson, I remember you making the same kind of 100% negative posts about the best PS2 racing game ever (Enthusia Professional Racing) so somehow it doesn't surprise me that you have such a strong dislike of FC.

Yep ,let's just hope they can meet the hight expectations created amongst their consumers:

For starters, we’ll keep making driving games

Mostly because we love them! For over ten years we’ve been refining the Eutechnyx engine – this is the proprietary development tool kit we use that makes each Eutechnyx game unique. It’s an ever-evolving process, which means each new iteration of the company’s driving oeuvre is going to have new stuff added since the last one. That might mean we’re making crashes more realistic (we are) or figuring out ways to replicate advanced suspension travel around curves. Maybe we’re just adding visual effects that nobody else has (check out the rain in Ferrari Challenge – each drop has its own density which makes puddles rise and leaves float away). No matter what, we’ve got people in our four studios who think of nothing other than how to do cool stuff that will make our games more fun.

We’re also about half way through the development of the most immersive, complete driving experience ever offered in a game environment. While not officially announced (and it won’t be for a little while) the game represents a major leap forward in what you can do with cars in a virtual world.

There’s a good representation of almost all the world’s automobile manufacturers, from the compact you drove to work this morning to the supercar that would make your neighbors weep. There are concept cars – lots of them – and you can drive them now. The people who design these things want to know what the players think. You might feel the hit model from the Paris Auto Show would be perfect if only it had more back seat legroom. Here’s your chance to tell them. Maybe you’ve played with the model in the customization client and found the perfect shade of candy-apple red to compliment the car’s lines. The company is all ears.

The game will also feature the most user-friendly, intuitive User Interface ever found in a driving game. Whether you want to race, upgrade your existing car, look at other players’ garages, show off your best races or just tour what’s out there, this game will give everyone, from novice to hard-core racer, a reason to play every day.
Quoted from Eutechenyx Marketing portal refered above

:sly:👍

That sounds sort of like they're going head to head with GT. That's probably a really good idea, there's room for more than ONE of that type of game in the market. Hell, look at the FPS market. There's dozens of basically similar games coexisting nicely in that genre. Most GT lovers would probably trip over themselves to buy another good GT-like game, especially if they get the timing right (ie. about a year after GT releases when everyone's in a bit of a lull).

If even half the GT enthusiasts buy a copy then they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

There was an interview with one of the developers (I found it kind of funny), one of the developers of supercar challenge, and he talked about how racing games should start catering to casual players, and he said he hated the idea of simulators or racing games that are too hardcore.
The next project is defenitely going to be either an arcade racer (Competing in response to Blur, Split/second, Modnations etc.) or it will be something more like need for speed or midnight club.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/“racing-games-need-to-be-more-inclusive”-eutechnyx

Mostly because we love them! For over ten years we’ve been refining the Eutechnyx engine
and there's still a lot of work to do

It’s an ever-evolving process, which means each new iteration of the company’s driving oeuvre is going to have new stuff added since the last one.
Including more cars seems to be their approach on "adding new stuff".

Maybe we’re just adding visual effects that nobody else has (check out the rain in Ferrari Challenge – each drop has its own density which makes puddles rise and leaves float away).
And it is very nicely done!
We’re also about half way through the development of the most immersive, complete driving experience ever offered in a game environment. While not officially announced (and it won’t be for a little while) the game represents a major leap forward in what you can do with cars in a virtual world.
SMS said the same thing about their game >> SHIFT. And IMO it turned out to be just another race game.Have to see it before I believe it. Developers whom like to brag about their upcoming titles, mostly don't deliver what they promised or bragged about. Remeber Mark? According to him, FCC was THE best game out there, even much better than Gran Turismo. Luckily he stopped giving interviews.

The game will also feature the most user-friendly, intuitive User Interface ever found in a driving game. Whether you want to race, upgrade your existing car, look at other players’ garages, show off your best races or just tour what’s out there, this game will give everyone, from novice to hard-core racer, a reason to play every day.
Very bold statement. I'll give Eutechnyx the benefit to the doubt.
Let's wait and see.

It's my opinion that developers whom like to brag even before they announced their next game, feel they have something to prove. They lack confidence as a game developer.

I never liked FCC and SCC. Maybe their next game will become a big hit.

Let's hope so.

I never liked FCC and SCC.

That much is clear. ;) One thing I'll say about FC/SCC, they truly tended to polarize people. Most folks either love them or hate them and there's rarely been any middle ground.

Neither game was without issues and bugs. But I'll give a lot of kudos to Eutechnyx in one area. I've never seen another developer that's so open and responsive to it's community. They answer a lot of questions directly on their website and many ideas and suggestions made by players have been adopted and implemented as free updates. What's more, ideas which were simply too complex to include in existing games, we're being told are all given serious consideration in their next title. There's something to be said for coming up with an idea, having the developer tell you it's a great suggestion and they'll work it in, and then seeing it in the game a few months later. 👍

There was an interview with one of the developers (I found it kind of funny), one of the developers of supercar challenge, and he talked about how racing games should start catering to casual players, and he said he hated the idea of simulators or racing games that are too hardcore.
The next project is defenitely going to be either an arcade racer (Competing in response to Blur, Split/second, Modnations etc.) or it will be something more like need for speed or midnight club.http://www.edge-online.com/news/“racing-games-need-to-be-more-inclusive”-eutechnyx

Can't really see them moving that way...but the interview is a fact...let's wait and see:sly:

Probably this was said in the context of the fact that most Arcade Player don't like this series,finding the handling too demanding.💡
Probably Eutechenix really feels the need to please a larger audience...let's just hope the great physics this series titles has is not compromised by that desire.👎

SCC was a step forward from FC, but I didn't like the physics and carrer /gameplay of both much, tbh.
And yeah, they say exactly the same what the NFS:Shift guys said, wasn't so stunning after all...
Aren't these the same guys that made Le Mans 24 Heurs? If so, what happened to them? THAT was an outstanding game!

Last edited:

My sentiments on the physics and FFB are the complete opposite. They give perfect feel using the G25. Beats most other console racers hands down. The problems with SCC and FC were having to race the same car throughout the whole field and the lack of depth like a proper career mode. In fact I wish games like SSV8, NFS Shift and even Grid had used the SCC physics.

The next project is defenitely going to be either an arcade racer (Competing in response to Blur, Split/second, Modnations etc.) or it will be something more like need for speed or midnight club.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/“racing-games-need-to-be-more-inclusive”-eutechnyx

It's hard to say what he really means, I would consider games like GTR, Rfactor and iRacing to be hardcore. GT is close but is still "arcade" enough to appeal to the casual player.

I never liked FCC and SCC.
FC kikie, FC. Not FCC! :mad:

That much is clear. ;)
Is it that obvious? :sly: :embarrassed:
Neither game was without issues and bugs. But I'll give a lot of kudos to Eutechnyx in one area. I've never seen another developer that's so open and responsive to it's community. They answer a lot of questions directly on their website and many ideas and suggestions made by players have been adopted and implemented as free updates. What's more, ideas which were simply too complex to include in existing games, we're being told are all given serious consideration in their next title. There's something to be said for coming up with an idea, having the developer tell you it's a great suggestion and they'll work it in, and then seeing it in the game a few months later. 👍
That's a good thing but it's not unheared of. You probably don't own netKar Pro?

It's hard to say what he really means, I would consider games like GTR, Rfactor and iRacing to be hardcore. GT is close but is still "arcade" enough to appeal to the casual player.
Don't forget netkar Pro! :D

That's a good thing but it's not unheared of. You probably don't own netKar Pro?

As a Mac user for >20 years, I sidestepped the whole PC racing sim genre. And my one attempt (GTR) about 6 months ago using boot camp, had me up to wee hours of the morning, trying to fix a myriad of problems and left me more frustrated than it was worth.

At any rate, within the context of my quote about a developer being responsive, I was speaking strictly from the PS3 side and I don't think it's really fair to compare them.

Back