Event Mode (not Online) Class S Tuning

With the recent update (yesterday's), I'm finding tuning a car that lies within the performance points in Class S and is competitive with the rest on the circuit is near impossible!! Also, I don't get how you can race AI controlled cars in the 650pp races that are not eligible for the race (i.e. come in over 650pp; with horsepower at a minimum, weight at a maximum and aerodynamics at a minimum!?). An example of this is the "Lotus Elise 111R / Tuned"; which I cannot get below 653 points on S-1, but of which you compete against in the race. This makes it relatively impossible to intuitively pick the best car for the race... as the AI car that wins the race is not even able to compete when you buy it!?

So, I'm having problems tuning cars that compete in all 650 and 725 pp races!! I've searched through forums, but all posts for tuning are from before the update and many are for online (which allow an alteration of the tyre, which the event mode does not). Following peoples' tuning guidelines renders the car uneligible for the race, as it has too many pp to be allowed to compete.

So, I realise I'm asking a lot; but if anybody can post new tuning recipes and cars that are competitive in all 650 and 725 pp races with the new updates, I would be very thankful!! I'm not looking for old recipes, unless they deffinitely work with the updated version of GT in events mode! Also, if anyone is having similar problems, feel free to post on here... if anything, it'll act as reassurance that I haven't lost all skill from all previous classes and the 680pp races!!?

Last edited:
too be honest it was the opposite to me, i beat all the events with the skyline ramped up in horse power and a couple of modifications everything but the gear ratios.

still having a very hard time doing the 725 s class events though.

Having the same problem. Installed 1 August update today. Cant get anywhere near the other cars. Best effort has been 13/16. Would love to know what the best car is for the first s-class race - High Speed ring (S1-650PP). Still coming to grips with the tuning thing, havent played GT since GT3.

I got the same problem, havent gotten close in the s-10 event, which is the only one I haven´t completed yet. Anyone completed the s-10 725pp with the new update installed?
seems quite impossible to me.

Hey guys,

S-10 was REALLY bugging me after the August 1st update. I finally managed to get bronze after hours of playing. I used a modified version of this setting:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3045442&postcount=226

Basically here's what I used, it can be done but you have to make very few mistakes. Good luck!

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27

Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686
Final Gear: 5.000

the tuning for the GT is brilliant thanks very much just did the S10 with it and was 1st on the beginning of lap 4, ;) my fastest lap was a 1.58 something

np. Now I only have S-4 left to do. Not sure what car to use for that... the August 1 update messed up everyone's recommended settings. You can't even use the Elise 111R any more, it can't be tuned down enough!

Any ideas anyone? Please help!!

At least it's not just me having problems! Thanks for the tuning aryajoon, I'll try it out later.

Again, tunes for the 650pp races, with the August update, would still be much appreciated if anyone knows any?

Finally beat S-4 with the new August 1 update restrictions.

Here's what I used, I beat it no problem on the first try while making a ton of mistakes! The braking could use a bit of tweaking but you should have no problems getting gold in any case :)

Ferrari 599 '06
Daytona PP650
Power -20
Weight 94
Tires n/a
Aero n/a
Ride Height -16 / -16
Spring 7 / 7
Damper 6 / 6
Toe -0.35 / +0.35
Camber 1.4 / 1.7
Brakes 8 / 8
Torque Split n/a
Steering Angle 35
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 3.150
2nd 2.180
3rd 1.570
4th 1.288
5th 1.040
6th 0.844
Final Gear: 4.784

for S-4 i used a Nissan R34 Skyline GTR Spec II Nur 02

hp: +40
weight: 88%
aero: 0/3

pp: 650

rh: -25/-25
sr: 5/5
damper: 4/4
toe: 0.00/0.00
camber: 0.0/0.00
bb: 5/5
max turning angle: 35
tc: off
abs: 1
1st 3.827
2nd 2.360
3rd 1.685
4th 1.312
5th 1.000
6th 0.793
final 3.545

gun it through the s turn at the end near straightaway

For S-1 I managed 6th in an Evo IX Tuned, but all 5 of the cars ahead of me are either Elise Tuned or 111R Tuned! I'm at least 12 seconds out of first place, and we can't even use the dominant car. I couldn't get an Elise Tuned down to within 20 points of the maximum!

How do you get power below the base number? All the cars I tried had their power setting at +0 (all the way left) as default. All I could do was add weight and reduce downforce.

It looks like PD 'forgot' to update the offline races after changing the tyre physics. I think they need to be changed, it's not like they were too easy to begin with. ;) R-tyres have a huge PP cost now and will push up the PP-level for any car very rapidly. And indeed it is true that for some cars you cannot downtune the power, the Lotuses for example.

Basically here's what I used, it can be done but you have to make very few mistakes. Good luck!

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27

Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686

Thanks!

I have just used this setup to clear the event. I mean, I only got bronze, but that will have to do for now. :)

Hey guys,

S-10 was REALLY bugging me after the August 1st update. I finally managed to get bronze after hours of playing. I used a modified version of this setting:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3045442&postcount=226

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27

Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686

Is this setup for the G25?

Just had a couple of shots and the best I can manage is 11th place :nervous:

Also, does anyone have an settings for S-7?

S-7 and S-7 are the only ones I need to clear now.

EDIT:

Just cleared the S-10 event with the above settings....but on standard physics. Can't believe how much of a difference it makes. Just a tune for S-7 needed now.

EDIT:

Nevermind, just cleared it with the same settings, LOL

Last edited:
I jotted down the S-10 setting for the Ford GT - not my favorite ride but I just need to complete S-7, S-10, and the two S-class driving missions. Any suggestions for the driving missions would be appreciated.

Tonight, I hope to clear S-7 and S-10 with the Ford GT tuning above. My Mine's and Amuse S2000 couldn't crack the top 10. And, I ran some pretty smooth laps on professional settings too. But, I lose ground getting out of the turns since the AI cars seem to be able to apply power to the tires at will whereas I have to wait till I'm fully straight to really apply the juice. Otherwise, the rearend steps out. And once that happens, it's over. Ah well, wish my luck and thanks for the tips above!

Is this setup for the G25?

Just had a couple of shots and the best I can manage is 11th place :nervous:

Also, does anyone have an settings for S-7?

S-7 and S-7 are the only ones I need to clear now.

EDIT:

Just cleared the S-10 event with the above settings....but on standard physics. Can't believe how much of a difference it makes. Just a tune for S-7 needed now.

EDIT:

Nevermind, just cleared it with the same settings, LOL

I just finished the S-10 event with these settings. Had to switch to standard physics to even complete a lap with spinning out and it still took about 5-6 attempts at...anything other than the smallest mistake results in race ending spin out.:nervous:
This car is just ridiculous,there is no way a car can handle as poorly as the Ford GT does in GT5P. Every other car is surburb but this is a stinking pile :grumpy:
PD Should really have a look at rectifing this for GT5 or leave the car out :dunce:

Is there a general 'rule of thumb' adjustment to tuning settings (particularly the
Steering Angle
) if you are using the G25? I find that a lower steering angle works better (at Suzuka on S-6 event mode).

My friend forced me to complete S class for him. Only 3 events 2 Suzuka and 1 Fuji.

Seems straight forward. Note my friend cant tune properly... 10/10 brake balance???? ABS 5? ASM?

anyways I re-tuned it. But he cant drive without ASM... :dunce:

I have enouugh for my second F2007 but I dont really care about F1 cars...

i`m glad too see that i`m not the only one stuck on those two pesky 725 races!!!

i`m trying with the set up above for the gt test car, i get to 13th after two laps, get wound up and quit!! so i`m gonna play tiger woods 08 for a bit and try later.....grrrrrrrrrr...

Unbelievable! I've tried every recommended car and setup out there and finally I get one that works! I almost blew it because I reached p1 half way through the 4th lap and thought it was the last lap. Your my tuner god! Those lion and dutch guys got nothin' on you!

I haven't tried S10 yet, but I spent heaps of time on S7. I tried various cars and settings, and could not get above I think 8th, and typically I was down around 12th to 10th. I found that one could short cut the chicane, by braking at a change in the fence on the straight before the chicane, and then drive across the grass.

Without drafting, one cannot get a good time, at least on my setups, and typically I am spending most of the race pushing clean air. With a draft, the time tumbles by a couple of seconds, for 1:43.5s down to 1:41.8s.

I was reading some setups and then I realised that the posters were racing in normal mode - not professional! In huge frustration, I switched over to normal, and got gold first try, running constant 1:38s, except for the first lap.

The Amuse is supposed to be good, but its brakes are terrible IMO.

I'd love to know a car and setup that can win S7 in professional mode. In GT4 I was gold in everything but the LeMans trial, and one more (I forget which). But I feel that S7 at Fuji is quite beyond me, which is annoying. I can get to the mid pack, but the lead pack is miles up the road ... its quite frustrating.

Back