Ever go back and look at replays from when you started racing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zenmervolt
  • 20 comments
  • 1,698 views
Messages
379
United States
PNW
Messages
Zenmervolt
On a whim I decided to go back and look at replays from when I started playing around with GT5 back in November. Had to check and see that I didn't load a replay of Bob or something. Sitting here watching the replay thinking "No! Slow in, fast out! Don't brake mid-corner!" Sad part is, I'm still not that good, but man, for a while there I was just plain bad. :dunce: :lol:

Anyone else look back and realize just how far they've come along the learning curve?
 
When I watch my old replays I just cringe at the fact that I was using the automatic transmission. :p
 
I wish I could, but I delete my replays after so long. More of an OCD thing to keep my game clean and tidy.
 
Don't have any of my GT4 replays anymore and didn't save replays in GT2 or GT3... :p
 
I think I may have a GT4 replay saved on one of my old memory cards(lol...memory cards)

If it's there, I think it's one where I beat a bunch of supercars with a piddly old Toyota or something, and took the lead on the last turn on the last lap at Laguna Seca.

It was just one of those great moments in GT History for me. :sly:
 
I have a Ton of replays from top gear test track, and sometimes i like to imagine jeremy clarkson is narrating the replay as i move the gambon or the hammerhead xD
 
I have a Ton of replays from top gear test track, and sometimes i like to imagine jeremy clarkson is narrating the replay as i move the gambon or the hammerhead xD

Do you lean forward when he's about to give you the time :)
 
I've got replays of the first race attempt of every race in every event I've done in A-Spec.

I've definitely improved my driving over time but I cringe at some of the over powered cars I used early in the game!
 
I have a fantastic replay of my first online race with a friend at the nordschleife at night. It was a fierce battle with many clean overtakes during the 2 laps but at that time I didn't really know half the course properly so it's slightly painful to watch.

That was the experience when GT5 hit me really hard for the first time. Going as fast as you dare into the darkness on a track you don't know properly while there's an another car 3 metres behind you illuminating the interior of your car with it's headlights. All that waiting and money put into getting a ps3 and a tv felt absolutely fine. Fond memories 👍

(actually my avatar is a photo of this very race)
 
OK8
I have a fantastic replay of my first online race with a friend at the nordschleife at night. It was a fierce battle with many clean overtakes during the 2 laps but at that time I didn't really know half the course properly so it's slightly painful to watch.

That was the experience when GT5 hit me really hard for the first time. Going as fast as you dare into the darkness on a track you don't know properly while there's an another car 3 metres behind you illuminating the interior of your car with it's headlights. All that waiting and money put into getting a ps3 and a tv felt absolutely fine. Fond memories 👍

(actually my avatar is a photo of this very race)

Ah, the first online race of Nordschleife, what fond memories it brings :D Although my race was in daylight, but apart from that it was exactly the same!
 
Wish I could. It'd be truly interesting to watch the progression (or regression as the case may be). For that matter I'd pay untold sums to be able to watch my license tests going all the way back to GT1.
 
I never saved any replays back then =P
 
I think the biggest improvement I've had is in the tuning department. I struggled for months with PP racing not because of my driving skills (which are above average) but because of my car selection and tuning. Adding a spoiler when one wasn't needed, not knowing how to dial out understeer, etc. However, my driving skills have improved as well, I am more consistent and have learned how to follow other drivers, apply pressure, and wait for the right passing opportunity. I am also more confident on lower grade tires.

Posted March 16th
I had a very slow car (flat gray 86 MR2), and I couldn't manage clean lines on racing soft tires. I couldn't negotiate clean passes and I would lose positions from breaking loose the tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-jaHfEszso

Posted May 25th
I've improved with tuning and selecting a better base level car (blue 97 MR2). I've built up my consistency to the point where I can race competitively on comfort soft tires. Instead of losing positions, I am working my way to the front. (I actually had a decent qualifying run but the starting grid bug put me at the back)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIvRNXU-zdQ
 
I hate watching old replays because I seem to have gotten worse as time has gone on :(
 
edit
wrong thread.
 
saved every single race I golded, which was pretty much all of them
then I let it reinstall game data on the drive which it seems cleans the directory/folder and so lost all replays
that pretty much stopped me from saving any more :D
 
I've recently gone back to some of the license tests/specials I had trouble with, and I can now take huge chunks of time out of them :O

In terms of replays, one of my first was the old nascar seasonal at the nurburgring. When I watch it now I can see how scared and unsure I was :O

Playing online has really been a big help in improving my skill. Still lots of things I need to improve but at least I know there has been some progression :P
 
I was watching old replays just last night. Great entertainment when there's nothing else to do.
 
Back