Evo magazine GT4 Competition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scaff
  • 25 comments
  • 2,670 views

Scaff

Moderator
Messages
30,047
United Kingdom
He/Him
Messages
ScaffUK
Evo magazine (here in the UK) have details of a GT4 competition in the latest issue (Nov 2005).

All you have to do is load up GT and head over to the Licence section, you are looking for licence test 7 in the International A licence.

Its an RUF Yellowbird around a section of Trial Mountain, post your fastest time and send proof (screen shot for example) to the following e-mail address: eds@evo.co.uk.

They do say that unless the time is Gold standard or better not to bother, but thats no major surprise.

The competition will run for the next few months, and the fastest time for each month will win a copy of the new RUF Faszination Plus DVD.

Should be fun.

Regards

Scaff
 
Is this only open to UK residents? I might give it a go, but I doubt I'll get anywhere near the top...
 
amp88
Is this only open to UK residents? I might give it a go, but I doubt I'll get anywhere near the top...

Evo's last GT4 competition saw entries from all over the world, so I don't see that location would be a major problem.

Regards

Scaff
 
33.480 so far. Just thrown away a run which would have probably given a 33.150-33.200
 
Cool, I'm glad they're doing more with GT4. I found the fastest time at the Ring a bit pointless given people could wallride and do whatever they liked. Not too realistic! This should be a bit better...
 
Apologies for the other post, I spent half an hour searching for "Evo" this morning and found nothing.
 
33.380

tricky one, spent the afternoon hungover :sick: trying to get under 33 seconds

first corner - do you go in slow or fast?

2nd corner no lifting off the throttle

3rd corner keep it tidy, get on the power as soon as you see the exit

last corner let the engine's torque almost steer you round the corner.

but getting all that in one run is annoying the heck outta me. :grumpy:
 
Ive just got a 32.784 as my second attempt to get my name into print
 
I've just completed a lap in 32.743. My trick is to pitch the car into the coner with some lift off oversteer get the power on as early as possible and keep looking for the exit of the corner!!!

Good luck kids!!!

Transit
 
Sounds like a boring price, unless I don't know what it is :crazy:

I will NOT attempt this since I don't wanna end up plucking myself bald.
But perhaps I'll try to make a forged screenshot :D.
(I wouldn't actually USE it ofcourse)
 
Evo landed on my doormat this weekend...

The top time is 31.084 I really can't see how that is feasible
 
Well they have to send a screen shot of the time. So it is doable but is it legal.. NEVER
 
How hard would it be to photoshop that 2 into a 1 before sending it though?
 
Now theres a good question
 
The fastest time in this issue was a high 31 sec time! Apparently someone also sent in a pic of a 27 sec time, but they want proof for it.
 
High 31? the fastest time is 31.084. That's low 31.

Seeing as everyone on here + people on pistonheads cannot seem to better the low 32's I'm rather suspicious
 
Sorry i didn't have the magazine in front of me at the time. I'm suspicious too though.
 
1) all the low to mid 32's must be done with wallriding in the first corner... which is already pretty lame
2) low (even high) 31's are not possible, even not with wallriding the first corner! -> so they photoshop...

all idiots if you ask me
 
You can't wallride successfully in license test. Unless you have it to such a fine art that it actually deserves its own database!!
 
uh you can, in this test the first corner is very easy to wallride, just stay well right so you don't smack against the wall
 
So are others, eg first bend at El Capitan. Shame they couldn't make the walls more sensitive for the tests. Maybe they could, I remember touching the wall very, very gently on the Viper start/stop test - B4?? and got a fail.

Anyways, who are cheaters kidding ? Not themselves....


Steven
 
my time is 33.335 whitout the fence-grinding

Would never do that to a CLASSIC :odd:

I think the rules are, you must also send them a digital screen picture with your time on it.

I have at least 04`s hanging right there; still :crazy:
 
Back