Evo Meet: After the Race.

• Thread starter SandStorm
  • 7 comments

SandStorm

(Banned)
May this serve as a warning to everyone: CHECK YOUR TYRES BEFORE YOU GO RACING!

I decide to do the Evo Meeting in Amatuer the other day. Upon muchos consideration I decided the car for the job would be T.M.E Lancer Evo6, taken out to over 400hp, with T3 tyres. All was good, I won the first two races by well over a second.

Come race three. Deciding that I wanted a bit more power (this race was held at Grand Valley - long straights and fast turns) I opted to go for the Evo7 Rally Car Prototype. Being a 5 lapper, I launched straight into it. I was doing fine when, come lap 3, at the hairpin, I suddenly ran wide and beached it (Having well over 5 seconds to play with, I wasn't particularly fazed). Well, I looked at my tyres, and lo and behold, they were starting to turn red!

Well, I could have hit myself. I realized that I had forgotten to change my tyres before the race - I was running on medium! And this car [as it seems] chews up tyres.

So, for the rest of the race, I was using all the track and going slower than "race-pace" to conserve what was left of my tyres. In the end, I won by about .5 of a second, and my front tyres were completely red, my rears starting to go.

So remember, people, always check your tyres before racing!

Has anyone else made a mistake of a similar sort which has almost cost them the race? If you have, share it with us, we could all use a good laugh! 👍

fto lm in professional gran turismo all star....i ran the first race on super soft /20 laps i think ..can u imagien ..the tires life were of 2 laps!

did somthing like that once... lasted 2 laps or something. cant remember the details tho...

well done on the race tho sandy :)

lol..omg..thats why don't buy super softy tires...lol..they last 2 laps only..and for my cars every race that has tire damged i just by the cheapest tires for better laps..the chepa tires can get u from 10 laps..but bad grip..and the medium soft r good too..but not as good as cheap tires.they last for abour 5 laps or 6 if u want it red...those r tires i suggest..but not super soft.!!!!! those r for none tire damges..!!

oh ya..if ur loooking for a car that is handy and ez to drive..go for the FTO LM...its good acceleration and very stable turning....if ur looking for it its in "DREAM CAR EVENT" but the prizes r random so u have too play it like 4 times to collect all the cars..and one of them is FTO LM..good luck..

PS: change ur tires too w/e u buy...Do NOT BUY SUPER SOFT..

That might be sensible, total_turbo, but I argue this point: SS tyres are excellent for testing your car. The main point is to remember to change your tyres before a race.

Originally posted by Total_turbo
lol..omg..thats why don't buy super softy tires...lol..they last 2 laps only..and for my cars every race that has tire damged i just by the cheapest tires for better laps..the chepa tires can get u from 10 laps..but bad grip..and the medium soft r good too..but not as good as cheap tires.they last for abour 5 laps or 6 if u want it red...those r tires i suggest..but not super soft.!!!!! those r for none tire damges..!!

teach.gif
boozer.gif

Back