Evo X steering problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Driver46
  • 19 comments
  • 3,807 views
Messages
120
Messages
Driver46
Hey guys.
Seen nobody complaining about this but it's really annoying.
The Evo X in the game has some bad steering wobble/shake/("see-sawing"?) from side to side when driving in a straight line.
It is especially pronounced once the car is tuned but also can be felt on the stock car.
My steering wheel is ok,no tuning adjustments get rid of it and it does not happen on any other car in the game.
This is one of my favorite cars but it's just not drivable this way.
Maybe it is a programming error and a patch may fix it?
Can anyone else confirm this problem? I can't just be happening in my copy of the game :).
 
Mine steers/stays straight fine. Is your toe in set to 0.20 or around there?
 
Mine steers/stays straight fine. Is your toe in set to 0.20 or around there?

That is weird that yours is ok. I even tried the arcade EvoX...same problem.
Toe at front is default 0. Back has 0.20, yes. It doesn't matter though what I set at front or back. Same problem.
Plus the stock car has the same issue, just not as extreme as an upgraded one.
I shouldn't have to buy a race suspension and make changes to it for the car to behave normal.
I really want to drive this car and all other Evo's and cars in game are fine. :nervous:
 
I noticed the same thing on mine. I have the dfgt and it constantly tugs one end to the other. Mine is untuned.

Odd thing is, I own a real one, here in the states it is the MR model and while the turn in is sharp, it doesn't bounce back and forth like this.
 
I notice the same thing with my DFP in the EvoX. The car is fine using a DS2, but slaloms with the wheel down straightaways. You're not alone. Hopefully they fix this.
 
I have the issue(G25) when I have the AYC on. Which it is equipped by default and set at 30 or something being the minimum value. I switched to mechanical LSD and it goes away. It makes sense as it is supposed to help the car "rotate"(inducing Yaw), but if you move your wheel a bit it will act on that and you then try to correct it and it just goes from there. I think PD need to build in some kind of deadzone for AYC to negate the problem...

Might be laziness in the coding....in real life system like that should take into account of steering position and lateral acceleration if not wheel speed too...
 
Yep I've had this too. A real shame as it was my favourite car in Prologue and I've switched to the Impreza as an alternative which admittedly is a great car to drive. Really hope they fix this soon cos I want to drive my Evo X round the Nordschleife!
 
Yep same problem here, I noticed it in one of the driving license.
I was like what the heck is this, this car doesn't behave like that?
Really strange indeed compared to the prologue version.
 
Yep, i have the same problem. I liked the Evo X in GT5P but at GT5 it is impossible to drive, i really hope PD will fix this.
 
Happened to me also. You´re not alone. It feels not only wobbly, but if some sort of assist is always on. I got rid of mine and got an Evo 4. BTW, mine as most of my cars, was 90% stock.
 
Quite a few cars do this i find, If i let go of the wheel on the straights the wheel will see-saw, i think its the FFB vibrating the wheel to "make you feel in contact with the road" but if you dont hold tight enough the vibration actually moves the wheel left, then the FFB gives a bit of right input, then as the wheel goes right of centre the FFB puts some left in...and so on and so on, if its getting on your nerves then either hold tighter onto the wheel, or change your FFB settings
 
Try to install the mechanical LSD in place of the AYC(stock). I think that should fix it. But At the same time though it screws with how the "stock" car supposed to drive....
 
@scoop2004
I know what you mean, when you don`t hold the wheel it will vibrate left and right, but with this car the problem is that even if you hold it very tight it vibrates. I have FF 1, and no car feels like this, only the EVO X!
 
Yeah it was like that in Prologue, you'd of thought they would of sorted it out for GT5.
 
The Evo 9 RM on the hand is awesome, sticks to the road and looks good, not bad power either, maybe build one until they fix the 10
 
The Evo 9 RM on the hand is awesome, sticks to the road and looks good, not bad power either, maybe build one until they fix the 10

I did :)
First car i tuned, as the Evo9 is another one of my favs, cause I drive it every day to work irl. :) [bone stock].
The RM Evo IX in the game is also the only Evo that does not have the strange understeer under acceleration. The stock EvoIX in-game is ok in regards to that, just like real. As soon as it's tuned (without RM) it just wants to go straight or wide coming out of a turn. Real life tuned Evos don't act like that. They always praise them to "willingly rotate" in all the tuner mags. Oh well.
 
Try to install the mechanical LSD in place of the AYC(stock). I think that should fix it. But At the same time though it screws with how the "stock" car supposed to drive....

Thx for that tip.
I tried turning the AYC up to fix another issue I had. (understeer under acceleration.)
I am not good at tuning. I would not know how to mess with the LSD.
But thanks again. I will throw it in just to get rid of the steering issue.
 
Yep I've had this too. A real shame as it was my favourite car in Prologue and I've switched to the Impreza as an alternative which admittedly is a great car to drive. Really hope they fix this soon cos I want to drive my Evo X round the Nordschleife!

I drive a lot of STI's in the game now also.:)
I noticed they rotate a lot better under acceleration and of course don't have the steering issue of the EvoX in-game.
 
My TVR tuscan keeps always turning to the left, the cockpit view is very dark and the dashboard is glitched always marks 70MPH : (
 
The 2 numbers in the TVR dash(at least the RM one) is the rpm, marked in 100s, so 70 is 70 x 100 = 7000rpm.

The simple LSD tune for me on most AWD car is 5/20/5 on the front, and 10/40/20 on the rear. If you want the car turn in more freely, lower the 20 on the rear. And if you want it tighter, increase it....
 
Back