EVO X Tuned

• Thread starter jgda9rs
  • 16 comments
GTP_jgda9rsv2

i love this car a lot, it can carve corners like it's on rails, and that's an understatement. the gearbox isn't the greatest, but i find the high end power is there, and it revs all across the power band. only thing is i'm finding it hard to get the most of the 6th gear, which is kind of bad for lagging in the middle rpm range, but once you hit the boost range, which is around 6500-redline, the power comes out. i find it a lot faster and much easier to drive compared to the evo ix tuned. i think once i get the gears right, i can race elise's, might not win, but it has a chance, specially around fuji raceway or suzuka. here are the settings i have now, i'll let you guys try it out and see what you all think. it's a bit underpower since this is meant for 650pp. i managed a time of 2:06.173 with this setting, dont know if that's decent enough, but whatever.

Power: +8 (402)
Weight: 96%
Tires: R3 Front and Rear
Aero: 20/20 (lowest setting for the rear for max. turn in)
Ride Height: -19\-10
Spring Rate: 7\9
Damper: 7\9
Camber: -.15\-.15
Toe: 2.0\1.0
Brake Balance: 8F\5R
ABS:2

Trans:
1: 3.655
2: 2.368
3: 1.754
4: 1.379
5: 1.020
6: .765
Final Drive: 4.106

Looks good Jgda9rs. One question though, in the heavier weight cars I've tended to concentrate my PPs on taking weight off rather than adding a little power. As I understand it the weight is based on a percentage of your cars total weight. Therefore the heavier your car is the more weight comes off it with each PP... so theoretically your power to weight ratio gets better the less you weight more than your standard weight plus a little more power... if you see what I mean.

/ I reserve the right to translate this into english later, so no quoting me in later posts :P

yes i know what you mean, but i had to compromise that, in order to be able to run the
R3's in the 650 class, so i can add more power and more downforce in the front. i chose that because the gears make the car so gutless. so i thought running a bit more power
and more downforce in the front, and the r3's would be a good compromise to get the most of the 650pp range, i mean the car handles good already anyways. less weight and a gutless engine wouldn't really make much difference. if you're underpowered you have no defense in the straights. i can see choosing weight over power if say, you race in london or the eiger nordwand, but if you race in fuji or suzuka where there are long straights and elevation changes, specially up hills, i'd rather favor more power. since it's a sedan, it's gonna be heavy either way. so i'd rather use more power to haul the car around. i did try reducing all the weight when i ran the 700pp events in the offline mode, and it's heavenly. so yes, of course you're right. but if i had to compromise for the 650 class, i'd rather have more power and a good gear ratio :)

Not a bad place to start...for me, anyway. Thanks for posting it! I made some adjustments and like this little "chinchilla on crack" even more now! Here's what I'm using...see if you like it better or worse:

Ride Height: -14\-10
Spring Rate: 4\7
Damper: 3\9
Toe: -.15\-.15
Camber: 2.9\1.7
Brake Balance: 6F\5R
ABS:2

Trans:
1: 3.560
2: 2.310
3: 1.725
4: 1.325
5: 1.040
6: .795
Final Drive: 4.050

It hangs on in the high-speed corners with the softer springs, and more even ride height. Gears might fall a bit short on the long straights if you get a good run out of the corners before them...otherwise, they seem pretty close to right.

This is what's workin' well for me, anyway.

Enjoy!

Pyro

Pyro, I tried your settings on 700PP Suzuka. Runs very nice, the gears are perfect. :D

Anyone has a setting for this beauty for Suzuka 750 PRO?

My current tune is about acceleration so it lacks top end speed on the straights.
I'm looking for a tune which gives me a good compromise between acceleratione and top end speed.

My current setup
PWR 482
Wht 1049
TR R3 R3
Aero 20 30
RH -10 -10
SR 7 7
DMP 6 6
Toe -0.20 -0.20
CMB 1.4 1.3
BB 7 7
FRT 30
MTA 40
TCS 1
ABS 1

Gears
1 54 3.360
2 83 2.192
3 108 1.676
4 149 1.216
5 195 0.932
6 275 0.709
FG 4.604

With this tune i can end up in the top 5 and have lap times between 1.59 and 2.06
But it's not very competetive with the GT-R and the S2000's

Any help would be appreciated

Greetings

Bryan

Hi everyone..

I just joined this forum, nice to meet everyone.

Just wondering, how to check NLxAROSA garage? I am also looking for EVO X/TUNE setup..

Thanks..

My garage is in here. :) There is also a link in my signature.

Hi Lars,

I did check out your setup tune and tested it in the field ( mostly Suzuka PRO 750 ). It works out well, and after changing the gearing a bit to my driving style I now reached a best laptime just under 2'00'000 at Suzuka ( normally I would be between 2'02 and 2'08.
It's still not the fastest car out there, but the acceleration and cornering are it's best points. Top speed at the straight is about 270 when the rev limiter kicks in.

Bryan

Back