evolution in gt4

  • Thread starter Thread starter jr93alty
  • 18 comments
  • 1,008 views
Messages
174
nope. not the mitsubishi. cars changing and being introduced over time. not sure if this has been talked about cuz im not sure what to search for other than 'starting credits' and that didnt give me much. people talk about appreciating automotive history with this game and how its gonna be achieved. if gt4 includes a sufficient number of older cars, i think that they could start the game in the 50's or so (any decade, it doesnt really matter) and then have u progress thru time, introducing cars in their real years. of course time would have to progress a lot faster than on previous gt's. i just think this would be kinda cool because it would make u appreciate (or not...i know the 70's sucked) every era of car history. i know a lot of people wouldnt like this because every car wouldnt be accessable for a while but this is just something that would add to the simulation idea to me. of course after u passed 2004, cars would stop being introduced and that would be weird but hey, its just an idea.
 
I dont think there are enough cars from ceratain eras for this to happen. it would be dumb to go through 10 years and win 2 cars.
 
If they have enough cars to do so i think it is an excellent idea. *Thumbs up*

And the 70's had the 240Z and Skylines so it wasn't that bad. ;)
 
This idea would work great for the muscle car era.
 
This came up in another thread where someone suggested we use a system like this, ala Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed.

Not a fan personally.
 
hmm...never knew that it was already used in a game. i guess i havent played the nfs series since about the 3rd one though. damn, thought i had an original idea. although, if it was ever to be used on a racing game, gt would be the one to use it.
 
icemanshooter23
I dont think there are enough cars from ceratain eras for this to happen. it would be dumb to go through 10 years and win 2 cars.
u know which cars are in the game already and from what years??? u should inform the359.
 
From everything I read about Porsche Unleashed, you started off around the 50's and worked your way forward through history to the modern day. Never played the game myself.
 
Porsche Unleashed was a great game for the Porsche fan.

But yeah, they basically did just this. You started off with just enough money to buy yourself a 356, won some money in a series of races, bought nicer 356's, eventually bought yourself a 911 2.7 RS, eventually bought yourself a racing 935 (Moby Dick), and then onto a GT1, with a whole lot of other cars in between that only Porsche fans bother keeping track of :D

If I recall there were about 4 eras, and each era had a number of years - after each race or so another "year" passed and you got access to new cars. At the end of each era, you could compete in a special race and if you won, you won a limited edition car (the 500 or 935 Moby Dick, for example.)

Anyway, I digress from GT4. Overall the concept was fairly cool, and not all that far removed from a GT3 sim mode style career - you could buy parts and tune your car, etc. I think it does have very legitimate applications in the GT series, though I think everyone plays the game in such a different way it would be nearly impossible to make it fun for everyone. I think there's certainly enough cars from each time period in GT4 to make it work, if they wanted to. It's also a good concept to address John's thread about making the history of motorsports fun - though some would argue restricting our access to certain vehicles is hardly "fun."

Of course, to make it legitmately an evolution, cars that started off appearing as new in the dealerships should eventually transition to being only available in used car lots. While I know they did this in GT2, it is frustrating not to be able to buy all the cars I want before they go out of showroms. Urge...to...possess....everything...taking...over....
 
what about new cars in the future? if gt series stopped..they should atleast have official releases of new cars for downloads.
 
new cars in the future? that doesn't make sense...
 
Sega GT 2002 on Xbox had a similar game mode, seperate from the main sim mode, to what ie being suggested here. Basically you selected an older car and worked through the decades upgrading you're car as you won races.

Personally I don't think it would be all that great to have in the main simulation mode but as a seperate mode (or as a variation of arcade mode) then i do see some merit in it.

A while ago I remember JohnBM01 started this thread about making celebrating automotive history fun and enjoyable. A mode like this could be one way of doing that.
 
usernamed
new cars in the future? that doesn't make sense...

I think he means, if you structure the game to only go to a certain point in time, and then offer content that's more recent than that, things will get screwed up.
 
while i think it's an interesting idea... it will never happen and here's why... it will work against the desires of the casual gamer. All the enthusiasts like people on these boards will buy it no matter what... but the casual gamers won't if they can't access at least some cars they know from the start (specifically in arcade mode). If they have to play to advance time to unlock the cars they want, they'll prolly lose interest before reaching that stage if they aren't into automotive history as much as many of us are and are excited about being a part of GT.
 
Sorry, but I don't think it would be so fun :yuck: . IMO, I prefer the classical GT progression system. I like to progress the way I want and do the events freely as I want in th order I want. I'd prefer something like 80's championship but for the other decades.

Just my opinion, 👍

See ya :sly:
 
But if you wanted to race modern cars you could go to Arcade mode...
 
An evolution mode whould be very cool. And there seam to be enough cars to do it. Or if there are not enough of old cars they could like have an option where you could update your car to go against more uptodate cars..... Just a thought. ;)
Edit-OPPS! didn't see the other post im new my mistake.
 
new cars in the future, i mean like with the 2007 corvettes comes out..or the 2010 wrx sti..if they stopped gt after gt4..we wouldnt be able to race with them, but i was just making a point with those years, say they redesigned the wrx in 2006..and if gt4 didnt include it..we wouldnt be able to use it, what im saying is they could make a official download of that car, get it?
 
Simulation mode wouldn't be extended by downloadable content, only Arcade (which will probably incorporate Online) mode will.
 
Back