Exaderated difficulty?

Messages
189
Messages
EatItYoshNSDQ
Seems to me that when using any tire other then race, the cars are more difficult to drive then they should be. If I take a street car (any) and use sport tires, it SHOULD be able to brake in a straight line from highway speeds. I was doing the TVR seasonal event and ran it with a straight stock TVR. Slowing down from 70mph with the stock tires, the car is all over the road. Felt like i was on ice I would hope this car would be able to stop safely from highway speed.
 
Try hard braking a fully tuned lambo with racing soft. Locks up even with ABS and you spin out. Kind of annoying really.
 
I maxxed out my TVR and it handled fine. No settings edits just bolt-ons.
Wheel ftw?
 
Seems to me that when using any tire other then race, the cars are more difficult to drive then they should be. If I take a street car (any) and use sport tires, it SHOULD be able to brake in a straight line from highway speeds. I was doing the TVR seasonal event and ran it with a straight stock TVR. Slowing down from 70mph with the stock tires, the car is all over the road. Felt like i was on ice I would hope this car would be able to stop safely from highway speed.

It happens when your rear wheels lockup first. Just adjust your brake bias.
 
I find that I need to use much less brake strength with sport tyres, say 2/2 for hard sport tyres, through to say 7/7 for soft race tyres, and often a little less rear bias on some cars, particularly rear engined ones.
 
Also, heating up to 1000° and losing all grip in a split-second is very - umm - unrealistic
 
The swerving under braking is due to the even front/back brake balance the game applies to every car as a standard setting. This is not lifelike and also not good, because the weight gets shifted onto the front wheels when you brake, so applying the same brake force front and back means that the rear wheels will easily lock up and make the car move about.

Simple solution: lessen the rear brake strength to introduce a front-biased brake balance.
 
Last edited:
I maxxed out my TVR and it handled fine. No settings edits just bolt-ons.
Wheel ftw?


I was able to do it with a bone stock, my point is that it seems overly difficult when you use stock tires. I would think every street legal car in the game should drive safely with stock tires on it, not like it is on ice.
 
stock car drivers perfectly safe for me?
 
Back