exhaust change issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter liv4hardstyle
  • 5 comments
  • 878 views
Messages
63
Australia
sydney
keep it quick and simple- example: holden commodore ss (just for examples sake, it happens with other cars however). change to a sport exhaust and received a decent exhaust note. happy. start a new race and the car produces a completely different AWFUL note.

tried a few things, returning exhaust to stock in a time trial. change back to sport just before a race. fail. just seems to have a mind of its own. am I the only one?
 
You have to reload the track before the sound changes when you change exhaust for some reason. Otherwise you may have had a sound bug - I sometimes have the sounds not load, or only work in certain rev ranges.
 
You have to reload the track before the sound changes when you change exhaust for some reason. Otherwise you may have had a sound bug - I sometimes have the sounds not load, or only work in certain rev ranges.[/quote

i think you are on the money with sound bug. i tried reloading multiple times. sometimes i change it back to stock and it keeps the awful note anyway. the thing that bothers me is not the sound (even though it is really bad). its the fact i have no control.
 
I agree, it is a bug. When I started racing the 15th Anniversary GT 40 it sounded like a 6 cylinder Nissan GTR. After modifying the exhaust and other engine mods it still sounded like a GTR. After turning off the PS3 and then reloading everything, that same GT40 now sounds like the V8 it should be. There is definitely something going on with the audio loading in the background. Sometimes, the cars are so quiet you can barely hear them and then at some point in the race the audio ramps up and you are able to hear things again. It's bloody annoying I can tell you that much at least ... lol
 
trumpy81, post: 9125147, member: 249784"]I agree, it is a bug. When I started racing the 15th Anniversary GT 40 it sounded like a 6 cylinder Nissan GTR. After modifying the exhaust and other engine mods it still sounded like a GTR. After turning off the PS3 and then reloading everything, that same GT40 now sounds like the V8 it should be. There is definitely something going on with the audio loading in the background. Sometimes, the cars are so quiet you can barely hear them and then at some point in the race the audio ramps up and you are able to hear things again. It's bloody annoying I can tell you that much at least ... lol


I hear you mate. very irritating. I leave most exhausts stock now. so my freedom is limited. o well the game is awesome so I put up with it. lol. however, please fix PD!
 
ive had a few cars, only the ones ive changed the exhaust on, randomly change to a totally different note. this seems to happen only when i hit something or cross the start/finish line (randomly on both accounts). one race i had it change more than a dozen times.
 
Back