Exhaust flames

• Thread starter John G
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Anyone got a way to capture exhaust flames in photo mode? When watching a replay the exhaust is happily popping away on the over run, but pause for a photo and nothing there. Any advice?
I have tried frame by frame but still can't get the flames to show

So did i... i can't see the flames in the photo mode...
I'll guess you should have a PS4 Pro for that.

You need to be veeeryy patient, its so hard to capture it because it doesnt throw flames always the same way in the very same replay. Also,
it dissapears if you go frame by frame. It took me about an hour for this photo below.
You dont need PS4 Pro. Good luck.
mantheyflames.jpg

You need to be veeeryy patient, its so hard to capture it because it doesnt throw flames always the same way in the very same replay. Also,
it dissapears if you go frame by frame. It took me about an hour for this photo below.
View attachment 711424
You can't do it frame by frame!? So you need to catch it perfectly on the replay. ouch - can see why out took so long. Not sure I'm that desperate...!

View attachment 711424
When you get the backfire, do you see it in the paused frame, or does it only shows up in the photo?

So far, I have been unsuccessful in capturing flames from my own car... but I did once, from sheer luck, capture the flame of the car in front.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I spent about an hour trying to get it and failed :banghead:

Not to get you started on something else but sparks are incredibly difficult too :sly: The short oval and a GT3 car work well. I'll throw my best effort up later.

Not to get you started on something else but sparks are incredibly difficult too :sly: The short oval and a GT3 car work well. I'll throw my best effort up later.
I've been more successful with sparks... I guess it's cuz they last a split second longer. Worked best for me at Maggiore... entry into the hairpin.

The problem I have with GT Sport flames and sparks (and other GT games for that matter) is that they aren't treated as a moving object, they are treated as stationary. As such you get motion blur on them when there shouldn't be.

For example, I have included a pic of my real car making flames on a race track and you can clearly see the flames themselves, whereas the same picture attempted in GT (assuming you managed to freeze it at the right time) would have flames with motion blur applied. The perfect example is the GTR and BMW above. Great pic, though mc0029!

Attachments

• FORGE100916 1917.jpg
    FORGE100916 1917.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 58
@sinner did you just get lucky or what? i think i've caught it a few times on random cars, but that wasn't much help for what i was trying to capture.

@sinner did you just get lucky or what? i think i've caught it a few times on random cars, but that wasn't much help for what i was trying to capture.
Def was luck. I paused on my own car... then inadvertently changed the camera to different cars when I saw the flames. Dumb luck. :lol:

Its not hard to capture them. Watch your replay, see where you are gettin flames, note the time mark. Rewind using the 10 sec button. Again remember the time of the flames and get ready to start pausing-unpausing and repausing around that time. unpause and repause rapidy and trust me after a few tries you should get it. I have no probs capturing it.

Back