Experiences with Back buttons/ Paddles additions to DualSense PS5

Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Highlanderlast
Hello great community with a lot of experiences and many answers.
I am considering if I should get some back buttons/ paddles for DualSense with idea to use them as up-down gears shifter.
I have seen few links on internet with prices around 40€ or so and wonder if anyone got some for DualSense and what are your experiences in that case. Not really tempted to spend 300€ on Edge.
Thanks in advance.

Hello great community with a lot of experiences and many answers.
I am considering if I should get some back buttons/ paddles for DualSense with idea to use them as up-down gears shifter.
I have seen few links on internet with prices around 40€ or so and wonder if anyone got some for DualSense and what are your experiences in that case. Not really tempted to spend 300€ on Edge.
Thanks in advance.
I bought an Edge controller a month or so back specifically to use the additional buttons as you describe.

Unfortunately, as a long time controller user, my hands & fingers had become accustomed to holding / using the controller in a specific way. As it turns out, my hands lacked the dexterity to adapt to the new buttons and I was constantly activating them unintentionally. After a week or so trying, I had to admit defeat and reluctantly returned the item for a refund.

Im not saying they are a bad idea, just thought I would let you know of my experiences.

Not really tempted to spend 300€ on Edge.
I did, and I really like the back buttons, though neither are they the only edge it has over the normal DualSense, nor did I get one just because of them but for the software package around it.
I am using the bigger buttons, to me they are a better reminder of having them compared with the longer flat paddles that are also available on the box.
I dont use them in GT7, but I guess if you want at least some kind of immersion using them for the gears is an option.
I dont have experience with any kind of other customized controller, so I cant really tell if they are any better or worse.

Back