• 13 comments

GTRacer22

photographer and racing enthusiast
Premium
United States
New Jersey
CWM_GTRacer22
Hi all,

I recently bought Assetto Corsa, as it was extremely cheap on Steam. I was able to download it overnight, and played for around three hours. This was also the day of the 1.3.6 hotfix. After installing the hotfix, I attempted to install the Mt. Akina Downhill mod. Upon selecting 'Start Engine', the game would go to the loading screen, but the wheel didn't spin. It just sat there, looking like it froze. The game then crashed back to the Drive menu. I've searched the Steam forums, tested some solutions, and they didn't work. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, deleted folders, really anything you could imagine, and still, nothing. I'll list some specs below just in case. Any and all help would be appreciated. :)

Specs:
Alienware 13 R1
Windows 10 64Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M w/ 2GB GDDR5
Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
1TB SATA Hard Drive

Regards,
GT22
:cheers:

Last edited:
Does it work with other tracks?

Sometimes mods randomly don't work for me too. I don't know why either, so I just don't use the ones that don't work.:sly:

Hi all,

I recently bought Assetto Corsa, as it was extremely cheap on Steam. I was able to download it overnight, and played for around three hours. This was also the day of the 1.3.6 hotfix. After installing the hotfix, I attempted to install the Mt. Akina Downhill mod. Upon selecting 'Start Engine', the game would go to the loading screen, but the wheel didn't spin. It just sat there, looking like it froze. The game then crashed back to the Drive menu. I've searched the Steam forums, tested some solutions, and they didn't work. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, deleted folders, really anything you could imagine, and still, nothing. I'll list some specs below just in case. Any and all help would be appreciated. :)

Specs:
Alienware 13 R1
Windows 10 64Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M w/ 2GB GDDR5
Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
1TB SATA Hard Drive

Regards,
GT22
:cheers:
Try deleting all mods and all other non-Kunos add-ons and then do a Steam Integrity Check.

Also, double check your resolution setting - sometimes this defaults to a weird low resolution which causes the same fault and you need to select the correct resolution again. Another thing to do is to install the additional Direct X runtime files which is an error found on some Windows 10 systems.

Finally, do a Steam integrity check on the game.

Good luck.

This is probably not the solution but I had the same problem. To fix this problem I had to "Force 32-bit" in the AC's options.

After the update of 1.3.7, the 32-bit vs 64-bit was not an issue anymore.

Does it work with other tracks?

Sometimes mods randomly don't work for me too. I don't know why either, so I just don't use the ones that don't work.:sly:
After it not working, I uninstalled the mod, to see if it would change it. No luck. Tried an ingame track. Still nothing.
Try deleting all mods and all other non-Kunos add-ons and then do a Steam Integrity Check.
I had only installed that one mod, so I did delete it. I also did the integrity check, all files were okay.
Also, double check your resolution setting - sometimes this defaults to a weird low resolution which causes the same fault and you need to select the correct resolution again. Another thing to do is to install the additional Direct X runtime files which is an error found on some Windows 10 systems.

Finally, do a Steam integrity check on the game.

Good luck.
The resolution is the correct one, 1366 X 768. And I have done the Direct X install awhile ago.
This is probably not the solution but I had the same problem. To fix this problem I had to "Force 32-bit" in the AC's options.

This may just work, I'll have to try it. Thanks for all of your input, I'll see what k can do. 👍

Apologies for double post, but this is the solution.

Thanks kikie, it's alive again! :D

Last edited:
Good to hear you can enjoy AC again.
Ehhhh...

So after I was actually able to play, I discovered the FPS is really low. Like.. Under 20FPS. I brought down some quality settings, which helped. It's only running around 30FPS though, which is way below what it should be running. My machine runs iRacing just fine, around 80FPS. I have no clue what could be causing this, besides maybe the fact that my OS is 64Bit and I'm forcing 32Bit. Any help would be appreciated once again. :lol:

Ehhhh...

So after I was actually able to play, I discovered the FPS is really low. Like.. Under 20FPS. I brought down some quality settings, which helped. It's only running around 30FPS though, which is way below what it should be running. My machine runs iRacing just fine, around 80FPS. I have no clue what could be causing this, besides maybe the fact that my OS is 64Bit and I'm forcing 32Bit. Any help would be appreciated once again. :lol:
IIRC reflections and world detail are big hits on frame rates. Try turning them down. Also try running the benchmark test and post the results here.

Ehhhh...

The 64 bit and 32 bit is not the cause of the frame drop. I played 32-bit forced for several weeks and had no issues what so ever.

On the AC forum, there are other people with a serieus FPS drop.

* Someone deleted the Assetto corsa folder in "My Documents" and started/calibrated AC again >> fresh start. Don't forget to back up you AC folder first.

* Maybe it is GPU graphic's driver problem?

* Somenone had a problem with AC graphics wise, not FPS wise and discovered that in the Advanced Display Settings and the 3D tab had been ticked.

* Somenone with the same problem upgraded from w7 to w10 64 and his FPS went from 10 to 120FPS.

Which update do you have? 1.3.7? If not, try to upgrade manually to 1.3.7. V1.3.7 can run 64-bit.

Last edited:
The 64 bit and 32 bit is not the cause of the frame drop. I played 32-bit forced for several weeks and had no issues what so ever.

On the AC forum, there are other people with a serieus FPS drop.

* Someone deleted the Assetto corsa folder in "My Documents" and started/calibrated AC again >> fresh start. Don't forget to back up you AC folder first.
I'll try that.

* Maybe it is GPU graphics driver problem?
With it being an Alienware, it wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

* Somenone had a problem with AC graphics wise, not FPS wise and discovered that in the Advanced Display Settings and the 3D tab had been ticked.
I'll look into this as well.

* Somenone with the same problem upgraded from w7 to w10 64 and his FPS wint from 10 to 120FPS.
Wow, that's... Huge.

Which update do you have? 1.3.7? If not, try to upgrade manually to 1.3.7. V1.3.7 can run 64-bit.
1.3.7, which is odd, as I can't run 64-bit.

That 960M just doesn't have enough juice in my opinion. AC requires a bit more power than iRacing so I'd say you're not doing too bad getting 30fps out of that card.

One of the bigger resource hogs in AC is reflections. Try turning those down some and see if that helps.

Back