Expired Film + Creating Light Leaks?

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 1 comments
United States
New York
GO6DoRiFUt0
gtun3d
Seeing as google/the internet won't help me, I gotta ask the film residents here, I got 2 questions actually.

First, Creating Light Leaks.
I got a couple of Polaroid land cameras (These models), all the bellows are in good condition. But what I want to do, is have one for light leaks. What would be the best way to I guess... "ruin" the bellows, and allow just a small amount of light to get in? Would a couple pin holes suffice? I don't want to completely blow out and make the shot look horrible, just something to give it a different look instead of the usual clean, rather blue looking tint they produce already.

Next question is about 120 Film.

I got a Yashica 635 that I'm dying to use 120 in, instead of the 35mm in it now. I've ended up accquiring some 120 when I got the camera itself, it had some rolls in the case, and I've gotten some other 120 at antique stores, but the film is super expired. Should I just buy new 120 to test it? Normally I'd throw it in and see what happens, but with the 120 having to be sent out, I don't wanna risk shooting a ton of stuff, and wait, only to have the film be so dried up that it doesn't even take the negative. Here's the rolls I have now.

Kodak Tmax 100 - Develop before 06/90
Kodak Tmax 400 - 03/91
Ilford HP5 - 03/82
Kodak Verichome pan - 03/83
Kodacolor 400 3/85

The Tmaxs and Kodacolor boxes aren't even open, and the other two, the boxes are open, but the film isn't.

I know it mostly has to do with how well they were stored, which I honestly have no idea, but with them being 20/30 years expired, could they even work? Or should I just buy some new film?

Just buy a Holga or any other crappily made Lomo camera. Doing that to your Land Cameras would be a huge waste.

As for your old film, you can still shoot it but you'll have to rate it at a lower ISO. You'll probably be better off buying some fresh rolls, that way you can properly judge your results.

Latest Posts

Back