Exploit already in daily Sport Mode events???

Canada
Canada
BaronBlitzRed
Hey hey people! So after concentrating on mostly the driving school challenges etc., I decided to take a quick look at the GTS version of Quick Matches. In one of the daily races yesterday, it said it was N300 class cars at Brands Hatch. I brought my Lancer along thinking it might be almost OP for the event but hey, I don't have many choices in N300 yet.

So I do the quali, get into the race just to find a bunch of M4's in the top ranks of the qualifiers. Of course they mopped up the field with them... I was almost 29 seconds behind in the end and I finished in 4th place. :odd: Thing is, the BMW M4 is an N400 class car...

So is this an early online exploit??? Are all the online "class" races going to have higher class cars in them just because you can add weight/reduce power???

Cheers

It's the BoP thingie... That M4 has around 340hp probably...

So much for "Balance" in BoP then... I'm wondering if it's a gaping loophole in that system now. Or should the regulations for these class races be tightened up significantly? I was just surprised to see an N400 class car in an N300 race. If I knew that bringing a knife to a knife fight wasn't going to cut it, I would've brought my Colt .45.

Cheers

Yes, I was disappointed to see that. It makes a mockery of the class system if you can dominate races with a detuned car from the class above. I haven't checked but can you enter Gr4 races with a detuned Gr3 car etc.?

Yes, I was disappointed to see that. It makes a mockery of the class system if you can dominate races with a detuned car from the class above. I haven't checked but can you enter Gr4 races with a detuned Gr3 car etc.?

Probably not; I think it only applies to the N classes.

I was sure that AR 4C was better solution, but seems that BoP is doing it's own thing.

Here are best values for M4 and 4C when tuning so they don't go over N300 regulations, problem that I see is that weight doesn't affect regulation at all... so I went for lowest possible, and winner is obvious.

M4 has 344hp, 445Nm and 1287kg or 3.74kg/hp
2zsuouw.jpg

4C has 344hp, 511Nm and 864kg or 2.51kg/hp
10ronev.jpg

But BoP does this:
M4 has 297hp, 385Nm and 1347kg or 4.53kg/hp
27zvwgk.jpg

4C has 261hp, 388Nm and 1159kg or 4.44kg/hp
1yvi3o.jpg

Now there is better weight to power on 4C in both cases, but 4C suspension and brakes aren't made for more weight :) and every car will become stiffer when you get some weight off, so in this case, M4 is obvious choice...

When I saw this thread, it was so obvious for me that 4C shoud be the go for, but seems that BoP adds a lot of weight to that car...

Cheers...

This is flawed. In some way. On the track the M4 has clear advantage. What i don't understand is, i tried to enter with my m4 to fight fire with fire but dropping power and increasing weight did not drop to n300. How are you guys doing this?

Either way I hope PD sorts this. One shouldn't have to do this to be competitive, by eod this will turn into a one make race. Every time I entered there where more and more M4s.

How are cars moving around class depending on there performance not a normal thing or even new to gt? Its just the BOP that needs to be tweaked.

This is flawed. In some way. On the track the M4 has clear advantage. What i don't understand is, i tried to enter with my m4 to fight fire with fire but dropping power and increasing weight did not drop to n300. How are you guys doing this?
In car settings you have to level up power ratio and weight reduction ratio using mileage points. It's gives you a wider range of HP and weights to choose from.

How are cars moving around class depending on there performance not a normal thing or even new to gt? Its just the BOP that needs to be tweaked.
The execution is flawed. Imo

In car settings you have to level up power ratio and weight reduction ratio using mileage points. It's gives you a wider range of HP and weights to choose from.
Wait wut?? I have to level up the car, to tap into lower power.. jeez.. thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your time?

I've won twice now with that Evo, with a 57.6xx qualifying time. Today's margin was 12s over second place. I don't know if it's because of the strength of competition or not, but the Evo seems fine to me.

Similar thing happened in the other races, too, In Race B I think, nothing but GTRs in the top 6 or 8 spots. It seems like one car make/model mops the field. I only play each race once, so I never know what the "It" car is till after I play (and lose). I don't really care, its still fun.

What was your time?

I've won twice now with that Evo, with a 57.6xx qualifying time. Today's margin was 12s over second place. I don't know if it's because of the strength of competition or not, but the Evo seems fine to me.

My best qualifying time was 0:56:457.

I did a N300 race right away after watching the "etiquette" videos and a car shopping spree. Used a de-tuned N400 Mustang. Qualified 1st with a 56.6 lap time. Managed to finish in 1st with a 2 second lead. 2nd place car was a BMW (a gold one with a purple hood that I would of rammed off the road if it got close because it was so ugly).

Hours later I did it again with the same car and same qualifying time. Started 5th and 3 of the 4 cars in front of me were BMW's and had around 54.x qualifying time. Race results made me realize that over half of the starting grid was BMW's. Top 10 had about 7 of them.

The BoP system could use some work, but no matter what they do to it, another car will rise to the top and everyone (most) will exploit it. A lot of it is 'monkey see monkey do' as well.

What was your time?

It's who you're stacked with qualifying times in my races have been 54-56s

What was your time?

I also had a mid 57 quali time and ran 2 laps in the 56's during the race... the top guy was from TRL and had 53's if I remember correctly.

Cheers

I managed 2 wins yesterday with a detuned N400 Ford Mustang GT.
This reminds me of that one racing mission with N400(?) on Dragon Trail II. I used the mustang and it couldn't beat the lead BMW, so I switched to the BMW and won first try. BoP is really wonky so I hope they make the proper updates. Once every two weeks/one week would be nice.

This reminds me of that one racing mission with N400(?) on Dragon Trail II. I used the mustang and it couldn't beat the lead BMW, so I switched to the BMW and won first try. BoP is really wonky so I hope they make the proper updates. Once every two weeks/one week would be nice.

I ran that one with SFR Racing Concept by Toyota... took me a couple of tries but I beat the lead BMW M4 with a near perfect second lap. Challenges are more rewarding when the AI are involved. ;)

Cheers

I've noticed you can increase power fully to raise a cars class. But it still lets you take the weight all the way down regardless.. That needs a rethink.

Top qualifying time is made now with a racing kart 125... 0:51:354!!
How did he entered that thing?
It's not even on the list of eligible cars, it belongs in the GR.X Class.

What was your time?

54.5 with m4 59.7 gt86

My first race yesterday, I used a detuned N400 S-FR Racing Concept down to N300. I was matched up against those BMWs. Fortunately for me, they messed up and I ended up winning. But they were faster than me overall, especially on the straights.

PD might be paying attention..while it doesn't solve bop they went ahead and made the event a one make..I mean that's what it was turning into ..lmao

Last edited:
Back