Exporting game replay files

  • Thread starter Thread starter priesty_lfc
  • 1 comments
  • 499 views
Messages
3,660
England
Bristol
Messages
priesty_lfc
I have exported some game replays which I want to send but I'm unsure how to.

Is it just a case of creating a folder called video on my USB, then when I transfer the files from my PS3 to the USB it will automatically save it's self in the video folder and in the correct format?
 
No. You can't save a replay file directly like that because the file you see on your PS3 XMB screen isn't a video file. It's an instruction set for the PS3 and GT5 to render the video, and that's it. There's only a few ways to get a video of a replay onto say a pc to share on youtube or whatever.
1) Use a pc cam and record the replay directly to a pc
2) Route the audio/video patch cable from the PS3 through a VCR or DVD recorder then to your tv.
3) If you have a tv tuner/capture card installed in your pc, same as #2 but with the added benefit of not having to rip anything from another storage media, it'll be on the pc harddrive instantly.
 
Back