Express Reply problem

GilesGuthrie

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
Edinburgh, UK
CMDRTheDarkLord
Greetings,
I wanted to mention something that's been happening to me quite a lot recently. If I use Express Reply, I quite often get a "Cannot find server/DNS error" on forums.gtplanet.net/newreply.php. However, if I click "Back", then "Post Reply", then type in EXACTLY the same thing, the reply gets posted as one would hope.

I would love to contribute some wisdom as to why this is happening, but I can't, especially since quite often Express Reply works.

It just happened to me twice tonight, once replying to "Skyline Problem" in GT3, and once replying to "How many replies can we get" in The Rumble Strip.

I think that's on the user's end. It happens to me occationally, but it's not spacific to the express reply thing. Somewhere along the way your DNS request is getting dropped. I guess it could be the server. But I really don't think it has anything to do with the express reply option.

~LoudMusic

This happens sporadically to me all the time on every site I visit, and Express Reply has never given me any trouble...yet... :)

Back