Extended storage

Sony limit the storage space for the save files of most game to 1Gb. So no I don't think that huge external drive will help in an automatic overflow capacity unfortunately. Unless the replay files could be copied there, like with a USB memory stick, and then brought back if required. I don't have an external drive so can't test that theory.

One thing I've noticed is that the ghost files when playing Rivals events are not automatically deleted, so if you play a lot of this mode they can build up and add towards that 1Gb limit. They need manually deleting occasionally. Be very careful you ONLY delete the ghosts and not the other saved files - career, profile etc.
(@half_sourly I've been meaning to mention the above to you so thought a tag would be OK)

Where do I find those files to delete them?
The files aren't that big but the more you let them build up the longer it takes to select them.

To save filling up @GOESREALFAST's thread I'll stick the instructions in the click-able spoiler below.

There's a couple of ways but I'll explain the most direct.

On the top line of the PS4 menu

Settings / Application Saved Data Management / Saved Data in System Storage / Delete / Project Cars 3 /

You'll then see a long list of files. Press the options button on the controller and select sort by name - this should clump the ghost files together. Now you can now select each file individually and multi delete them. But there are 4 files you NEED to keep and hopefully they should be at the top after the sort - the career save and the profile save, plus both their backups. At the bottom of the list are any tuning/setup files you may have made so it's best to keep these as well.

** It's always a good idea to back anything up before you start "messing" either online if you have PSPlus or to a usb memory stick if you've got one. Actually it's a good idea to back files up regularly anyway. And you can do this from within this menu.

Right, I think that's it. :)

Last edited:
Sony limit the storage space for the save files of most game to 1Gb. So no I don't think that huge external drive will help in an automatic overflow capacity unfortunately. Unless the replay files could be copied there, like with a USB memory stick, and then brought back if required. I don't have an external drive so can't test that theory.

One thing I've noticed is that the ghost files when playing Rivals events are not automatically deleted, so if you play a lot of this mode they can build up and add towards that 1Gb limit. They need manually deleting occasionally. Be very careful you ONLY delete the ghosts and not the other saved files - career, profile etc.
(@half_sourly I've been meaning to mention the above to you so thought a tag would be OK)

This happened to me. I play mostly the rivals mode and I ran out of space to save any replays. Each ghost replay was around 4.5 MB and the limit is 1GB.
To delete the ghost replays you have to go into storage to access the saved files and delete them manually.

Back