External Parts & Wheels

Canada
Ontario
Prenihility
Alright, so i've noticed some cars have specialized wings missing. For instance, the R34 GTR. No wing for it which is adjustable. As in GT5. You could get the stock wing and put on another wing which looks identical to the stock one, yet can have downforce applied to it.

The R33 GTR has a custom wing, i believe it's a Nismo part. And if i recall, the R32 is the same as the R34. no stock-looking, or direct integrating custom wing with adjustable downforce. I could be wrong on that one, though.

Also, i've noticed some wheels that really should have made it into the game. But unfortunately, they haven't.

CCW Classics didn't make it into the game at launch. Which are simply one of the most well-known aftermarket wheels in North America. And Nismo LM GT4s don't appear in the wheel shop in GT6, to my shock. After hearing about how much larger GT6's wheel selection will be over GT5's, i had at the very least, expected to see the LM GT4s appear. The CCWs are very popular with Corvettes. And the Nismo LM GT4s. Well... let's just say it should be illegal to fit any other wheels to a Skyline GTR. They were meant to be.

The CCWs

img_053021.jpg

8750d1367547942-why-photo_main.jpg

modp_1001_08_o%2Bwheel_buyers_guide%2Bccw_lm20.jpg

Nismo LM GT4 Which come in three different colours.

attachment.php

r34nurj1.jpg

Now, with that being said. Who's in for Polyphony updating the wheel selection? Also, external parts as well.

I completely agree, nice they had OZ and Enkei but those brands are more popular in the import scene. Wheel Selection is more important, but maybe PD was too focused on licensing the 40 skylines in the game lol. External parts like bodykits and stuff, Kaz mentioned that he didn't want it to be like that and wanted to give it a racing experience. Eh.

I completely agree, nice they had OZ and Enkei but those brands are more popular in the import scene. Wheel Selection is more important, but maybe PD was too focused on licensing the 40 skylines in the game lol. External parts like bodykits and stuff, Kaz mentioned that he didn't want it to be like that and wanted to give it a racing experience. Eh.

Yeah, no kidding.

And i vividly remember Kaz saying something along the lines of GT6 having way more options in terms of external customization.

PD REALLY, REALLY surprised me with GT5 when they showed their respect, and their integrity in the form of updates. They added quite a bit of content, and literally transformed the game in terms of features.

I hope they do the same with GT6, except broaden the application of their updates to things such as wheel selection. And as i've said... some external parts are quite simply missing on some cars. Maybe even more.

But we need more wheels. No LM GT4s shocked and awed me.

Yeah, no kidding.

And i vividly remember Kaz saying something along the lines of GT6 having way more options in terms of external customization.

PD REALLY, REALLY surprised me with GT5 when they showed their respect, and their integrity in the form of updates. They added quite a bit of content, and literally transformed the game in terms of features.

I hope they do the same with GT6, except broaden the application of their updates to things such as wheel selection. And as i've said... some external parts are quite simply missing on some cars. Maybe even more.

But we need more wheels. No LM GT4s shocked and awed me.

They did say several things that left me a bit unhappy yet a little bit hopeful for the future.
One was how sound was going to be patched in a future update, although I'm a little bit unclear on it, Kaz mentioned it once but not explicitly in an interview months ago, but he and PD didn't specifically say "Engine sounds will be made better in a future update" well if they did, can someone link me cause I didn't find it.

Kaz said he wanted to keep the integrity of the cars thats what he wanted by limiting external parts, but cmon rims? I really wanted to put SUV rims on my miatas, I've seen so many of those on my street lol

Did you notice your tire widths getting slimmer when you upgraded wheels?

Here's an example, yellow RGT has normal wheels, the "red" RGT has upgraded wheels. Feel cheated yet?

gemasolar-jpg.89548

rofl!!

I came back to add this and I didn't expect that, good laugh! Thanks!

Too add to the original post, uhm instead of maybe just have inch up, maybe oversize, GO WIDE! I mean I think I just blew my mind with that idea.:odd:

So lets get the Ruf fanatic part out of the way, but besides that, the RGT description talks about a "19 Inch" wheel upgrade. No frills right? Well 19" gets ya 315 wides in the rear, instead of lame 285's in the game!

Front tires:225/35ZR19
Rear tires:315/25ZR19

I'm sure there's blasphemy riddled about in the game elsewhere that we would just like corrected or where we have the option to buy the damn part!

UPDATE:

Got some more ideas for Polyphony. If cars are to have special external parts which can be fitted, here's an idea for the S2000.

Hard top. It only makes sense, right? The R34 for example doesn't have the option for Flat Floor installation. Since it has one from the factory.

A very popular mod for the S2000 is a hard top. Apparently some of them are OEM, too.

htup_1010_05_o%2B2002_honda_s2000%2Bmugen_frp_hardtop.jpg

I think it'd be another perfect display of car-specific mods. Hard tops for cars which actually have the ability to go hardtop from their convertible open-air stock forms.

DO IT, Polyphony! We need to see an update which allows the fitting of a hard top for the S2000. Hell... it's another thing i'm surprised at not seeing from the get-go. The hell's wrong with you, Polyphony? And plus... it defeats the purpose of having that special external part section in the tuning shop. I forgot what that part of the GT Auto store is called... (not even called GT Auto, but you know what i'm talkin' about)

I am truly disappointed with the wheel and wing selection in this game. Basically all the wheels look similar they just have 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 etc etc spoke options. Oh yes and don't forget the exciting Gold, Alloy and Black colour choices. Yes I know you can paint the wheels but it's not really the same thing...it paints some wheels a bit dodge, looses detail etc.

The wing options on most cars are also bloody awful...again, we get 5 options that all look basically the same...big ugly wing that sits far too high on the back of the car what the hell?? Why can't they make a bespoke wing for each premium model car so it doesn't look like a GT3 car? It's not frikken rocket science...

PD missed the mark big time on customisation in GT6 and it seems to me they haven't moved much further forward than GT5 tbh :(

Kaz, here are some pics of random rims I found on the inter web just for you. So you can see what's out there....They are quite lovely are they not? Get outside your limited box please PD!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Got some more ideas for Polyphony. If cars are to have special external parts which can be fitted, here's an idea for the S2000.

Hard top. It only makes sense, right? The R34 for example doesn't have the option for Flat Floor installation. Since it has one from the factory.

A very popular mod for the S2000 is a hard top. Apparently some of them are OEM, too.

htup_1010_05_o%2B2002_honda_s2000%2Bmugen_frp_hardtop.jpg

I think it'd be another perfect display of car-specific mods. Hard tops for cars which actually have the ability to go hardtop from their convertible open-air stock forms.

DO IT, Polyphony! We need to see an update which allows the fitting of a hard top for the S2000. Hell... it's another thing i'm surprised at not seeing from the get-go. The hell's wrong with you, Polyphony? And plus... it defeats the purpose of having that special external part section in the tuning shop. I forgot what that part of the GT Auto store is called... (not even called GT Auto, but you know what i'm talkin' about)

I thought S2000's had dual exit exhaust tips. Is this one modded to only one? Thats odd, everybody knows, more exhaust tips, the sportier your car, LOL

I thought S2000's had dual exit exhaust tips. Is this one modded to only one? Thats odd, everybody knows, more exhaust tips, the sportier your car, LOL

I.. have no idea. It's about the fixed roof. Stop looking at the exhaust, darn it... We need a fixed roof option for the S2K!

It's modded. Also, I love hard tops. If I ever bought a Miata or S2000, it would be getting a hard top.

Dang, I know, so many people who have S2000's use fixed roofs.

To be honest, the arguments in this thread won't change anyone's minds, PD and Kazunori aren't going to read this thread and go "I had no idea they felt this way, lets put in hard tops and more rims and aero kits right away!"

This is good for discussion and making our predictions, but the thing is, as seen with GT series, PD tends to deviate away from popular demand and make a game and form a demand for the game. Its a driving simulator and with Kaz already being adamant about not streetifying your car, or making it Fast and Furious style, imho, I won't expect huge leaps in terms of rims and kits for GT7.

Shame, I went to Japan and interacted with the touge racing scene and street culture, some very cool stuff.

GT7 will most likely have just a wider variety of rims and maybe add aero kits to cars that didn't have them before, but probably will not expand on adding more variety. Your usual splitter and flat floor spiel. Expect marketing for the next GT to be "over 100 customization options for your car" and its going to be 2 aero kits and 7 useless park bench spoilers.

I love GT6 and the overall series, but come on, some leeway in terms of popular demand would be nice.

Back