Extreme - dream car championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3window
  • 25 comments
  • 4,209 views
Messages
30
Messages
mymymy321
Can anybody help with what is the best car to win this championship & especially the nurburgring 3 laps in the rain, I was winning the previous races but this just blow me away!!! and 3 laps was to much, so what is the easiest car to win this, I don't have the x10 or silly quick cars like that so what is the next best??? Thanks
 
Minolta although I now a person who done nurburg in a NSX-R
 
yellomello
Minolta although I now a person who done nurburg in a NSX-R

Thanks for that, it's just not fun in those conditions and the XJR 9 LM jag is always on your tail waiting for you to make a mistake, thanks anyway
 
Best bet is to have the championship in the bag (more than 100 points ahead) before you get to the last race, then if it's raining, start the race and abandon it. You'll stay in the championship and the eventual winner of the ring shouldn't be able to beat you.

Then you can come back and do the race individually when it's not raining.
 
I used the Minolta, but as SlyckTires said you can skip that race and still win the championship, if you have a big enough points lead.
 
Like I say, very hard to be 100 point ahead as the XJR 9 LM Jag is always second place, I wish we could use a James bond to get rid of cars during a race!!!!
 
You can be 100 pts ahead by selecting an XJR-9 less oponent. The Zonda and the Ford race cars will definitely be sharing the 2nd place position.
 
I used the 908 team car with racing soft [ :crazy: ] they grip better in the wet than intermediates and the AI will be so slow in the wet you will win easy, watch out for the silk cut jag if its in the startup before you restart till its either not there or at least behind you on the grid, it is beatable quite easy if you know the course well but it is a very quick car.
Others ive won the race in are Ferrari 458 highly tuned,Ford GT spec 11 and the test car version citreon race car,R390 and any Le-man car should be an easy win.

Edit 1 car i find very quick on the ring is the R10 with oil change and racing soft, only dont tune as it becomes a beast with all that torque
 
Last edited:
Like I say, very hard to be 100 point ahead as the XJR 9 LM Jag is always second place, I wish we could use a James bond to get rid of cars during a race!!!!
You can finish on 400 points and win even if the XJ9 has 400, either because you have more race wins, or because the game is biased towards non AI drivers.
 
I used the Zonda R and won it very easy
 
I love the Minolta car....and of course, the X2010.....
 
Like I say, very hard to be 100 point ahead as the XJR 9 LM Jag is always second place, I wish we could use a James bond to get rid of cars during a race!!!!

If you win the 4 races before Nurb you can abandon that race without an issue, if you're worried about it then during one of the races hold the Jag up for a while so he doesn't finish 2nd and still make sure you win that race ;)
 
Minolta or your own XJR9 will do it fine. I did win it one time with my XJ 13 but had to block the XJR 9 from last chicane to the line.
 
Best bet is to have the championship in the bag (more than 100 points ahead) before you get to the last race, then if it's raining, start the race and abandon it. You'll stay in the championship and the eventual winner of the ring shouldn't be able to beat you.

Then you can come back and do the race individually when it's not raining.

I did this again last night for fun. It was getting late and I decided to abandon the Nurb. I had 400 points, Jag was second, 125 points or so less (it came third Sarthe) so there was no way I could lose. Clicked "abandon".... and it went straight back to the championship race screen.... no prize money, no acknowledgement that I'd won or anything.... I felt cheated!!:grumpy:
 
I used Zonda R. I screwed up on Monza though and equipped the wrong tires. Apparently it wasn't raining hard enough to need rain tires and I didn't know what to switch to.
 
I used Zonda R. I screwed up on Monza though and equipped the wrong tires. Apparently it wasn't raining hard enough to need rain tires and I didn't know what to switch to.

Racing soft even in the rain 👍
 
won it with a Minolta, an R8, a Z06RM, a BMW V12 LMR, and of course an FGT. easily, actually. but yes the Jag won't be far behind... especially if you make a mistake. this championship is a far cry from the FGT championship which is actually difficult.
 
I used my Sauber Merc for it. I think it could be done with a well tuned enzo. Prize cars... Zonda R, merc clk-gtr etc
 
Did you give up early? When it rains that's usually an automatic win for you because all the cars pit to change tires after the first lap!
 
I won that race in the Calsonic R32 and in the Raybrig NSX. The Jag did pit for tyres tho :)
 
I did the championship in a NASCAR... an Insane idea, and would have failed if the ai would put the right tires on. But the races, individualy, can be won in any high end and modified roadcar. I have won each race individually in an SL65.
 
@Tweetman - This shows the weakness of the AI in GT5. Not in a million years can an SL65 win against an XJR9 or any of the oponents in RL. I hope, PD will fix this in GT6, it's just ridiculous.
 
Back