Extreme Event: American Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jron5
  • 27 comments
  • 2,472 views
Messages
192
United States
United States
Messages
RCF_TOD
Hi!

ummm i just have a quick question....what's a good car to use for this event? i bought the Dodge Viper ACR and it stinks at handling -___-
 
the RM zr1 or some sort of race car.
 
I used a RM Vette. I lost everytime I tried, I went to the Viper and still lost. For a week I tried over and over. Finally did a oil change, engine overhaul on the Vette, waited til my drivers arrow was blue and pointing up. Then I tried and absolutely dominated them.
 
I use the Panoz and it really makes it easy. When I did it originally I used a 2010 Corvette with spoilers and all the upgrades I could put on it. It was really hard to do.
Another car you can use is a GT40 or a Oreca Viper racing car.
 
so i should go with a Corvetter ZR1 RM?
 
I use the Panoz and it really makes it easy. When I did it originally I used a 2010 Corvette with spoilers and all the upgrades I could put on it. It was really hard to do.
Another car you can use is a GT40 or a Oreca Viper racing car.

ohhh.....how much is the GT40? i can't find that car in the used dealership :/
 
Panoz or the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (available from the Gran Turismo dealer) should destroy the competition.
 
so i should go with a Corvetter ZR1 RM?

I would think an RM Vette would do the job. I never used a RM Vette when I did it, I just when to GT Auto and added the front and rear spoilers.
So a RM Vette should make it much easier. :)
 
I used the Ford GT LM Spec II..I think thats what its called..the white one...anyways,I owned the race with it and your more then welcome to lend it from me (by using the new lend feature)..
 
I used the Ford GT LM Spec II..I think thats what its called..the white one...anyways,I owned the race with it and your more then welcome to lend it from me (by using the new lend feature)..

really?! :) sweet!
add me!

PSN: RCF_TOD
 
Panoz or the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (available from the Gran Turismo dealer) should destroy the competition.

tuned or stock?
 
TopHat01
Panoz or the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (available from the Gran Turismo dealer) should destroy the competition.

Ford GT spec II dominated.
 
It comes with the typical mild tune. Just get it to max hp and racing hard tires.

ohh ok. and i can't win that car right? i have to buy it?
 
I used the Ford GT LM Spec II..I think thats what its called..the white one...anyways,I owned the race with it and your more then welcome to lend it from me (by using the new lend feature)..

I used that one too. I'm pretty sure I won it somewhere too.
 
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car or Corvette ZR1 RM. With these cars, it will be an easy win. You can do Indy 5 laps in less than 5 mins, win it and earn 97,000 easily. In fact, it's the best way to earn money with out cheating :-) Good luck.
 
I did it with the '63 Corvette Race Car, as RacerPaul did. It makes it a challenge, but it's definitely do-able :)
 
I used Chapparal 2J. It was very good on all of the tracks.
 
I used Chapparal 2J. It was very good on all of the tracks.

i haven't seen the chapparal 2j in the used dealers yet. :(
do i win it or something or it comes out at a certain level?

I think it over 15M, you can get it for free by win the b spec indy 500.

is that an extreme event or an endurance event?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't seen the chapparal 2j in the used dealers yet. :(

do i win it or something or it comes out at a certain level?

The Chaparral 2J is not a prize car. The only way to obtain it is to buy it from the UCD (about 15 million credits), a Ticket 1000 should be able to get you one (very slim chance of course) and a 1970 birthday ticket can also get you a 2J. It's an awesome car.

For this event your Viper will do just fine when upgraded and tuned, but a race modded ZR-1 or fully upgraded Ford GT would be better on the race on Mazda Laguna Seca. The Cadillac CIEN Concept is also a good choice (won in B-Spec). The best cars for this race are the ZR-1 RM, Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car' 98, Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 and the Ford GT race cars.

Indy 500 is an endurance race. Winning it in A-Spec gets you a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 (available in new car dealership for 20 million credits). Winning the event in B-Spec gets you a Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (costs about 19.8 million in the UCD).
 
ZR1 RM is the way to go if you don't already have an American Race Car.

The consensus around these forums seems to be that that's the coolest RM in the game, so it's worth checking out anyway.
 
The Chaparral 2J is not a prize car. The only way to obtain it is to buy it from the UCD (about 15 million credits), a Ticket 1000 should be able to get you one (very slim chance of course) and a 1970 birthday ticket can also get you a 2J. It's an awesome car.

For this event your Viper will do just fine when upgraded and tuned, but a race modded ZR-1 or fully upgraded Ford GT would be better on the race on Mazda Laguna Seca. The Cadillac CIEN Concept is also a good choice (won in B-Spec). The best cars for this race are the ZR-1 RM, Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car' 98, Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 and the Ford GT race cars.

Indy 500 is an endurance race. Winning it in A-Spec gets you a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 (available in new car dealership for 20 million credits). Winning the event in B-Spec gets you a Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (costs about 19.8 million in the UCD).

ohhh well i didn't get it with the 1000 ticket :/ i got the lexus race car. i forgot the name X)
and with my viper, its fully modded but i can't seem to pass the chaparral 2j :( and the handling stinks BIG TIME
 
Back