Extreme Road Rally Series by "ORRL" (WRC cars no dirt/snow tracks)

Discussion in 'GT5 Racing Series' started by mexgamer, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mexgamer

mexgamer

[​IMG]
    The OFF-ROAD RACING LEAGUE is organizing an all new series featuring modern WRC cars (2008) and NO DIRT/SNOW tracks. The series is called "Extreme Road Rally Series" (ERRS) and the first event is scheduled for January 19th.
    I could write a thousand words about this racing series but I don't want bore you to death. Instead, you can visit the website where you can find all the information you need to know: http://www.offroadracingleague.org/#/gt5-series/4535702802

[​IMG]

2. mexgamer

mexgamer

If you have any questions and/or doubts don't hesitate to ask!

3. mexgamer

mexgamer

Event settings:

Grid Start: Grid False start check
    Grid Order: Fastest First
    Boost: Off
    Penalties: Weak
    Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
    Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
    Visible Damage: On
    Mechanical Damage: High
    Disable Collisions: Off
    Slip Stream: Weak
    Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
    Grip Reduction: Real
    Cars: (Unlimited PP, Unlimited Power, Unlimited Weight)
    - Citroën C4 WRC '08
    - Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
    - Subaru IMPREZA WRC 2008 '08
    - Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
    Tires: Unrestricted
    Vehicle Tuning: Restricted
    Assist: None except for “driving line”
    Weather: Depends On Track

4. mexgamer

mexgamer

The ORRL is very experienced in organizing on-line events so don't worry about that!

5. mexgamer

mexgamer

About the penalties: We'll see how it works during the practice session and then I'll let you know what's gonna happen for the first race! The whole purpose of the practice session is to see how everything works out and let competitors give me some suggestions, so I strongly suggest that you show up if you plan on racing most of the season :)

6. AllTerainTiger

AllTerainTiger (Banned)

Umm how are you going to have a series called off road rally racing series but not have any races on dirt or snow you might as well just call it 4wd racing. Also word of advice don't keep posting over and over just edit your first post I telling you this so the moderators don't get mad at you

7. mexgamer

mexgamer

The series is not called like that, the series is called "Extreme Road Rally Series" organized by the "Off-Road Racing League". The league was founded more than three years ago when only DiRT 2 events were organized, thus the name Off-Road Racing League; changing the name of the organization is not a smart idea and that is why the original name was kept.

8. AllTerainTiger

AllTerainTiger (Banned)

Still might as well just name it 4wd racing because rally is sport derived from dirt and snow tracks and the fact your taking away those tracks away shows your lack of understanding of Rally. Taking away dirt,snow, or gravel away is like taking away the basketball from basketball and telling the players to use a shoe box instead.

9. mexgamer

mexgamer

Well I didn't know I had to be an expert on Rally Racing in order to organize a GT5 racing series. Nevertheless, I chose to name it Extreme Road Rally Series because:
    1) We will be using rally cars; maybe not for rally-type races but they are rally cars anyway.
    2) There's a reason why I called it "Extreme Road Rally Series" and not "Rally Series"; this is NOT rally, just as rallycross is not rally, it is just a similar discipline. I know rally involves dirt/snow tracks for the most part but the name "rally" is there due to the cars we are using.

Now, I always appreciate feedback, but just as long as it makes a contribution to something. Your post seems offensive to me and it just looks like you are trying to take away from what I am trying to do here. So please, with all due respect, if you have nothing better to share with us, keep your comments to yourself, thanks.

10. AllTerainTiger

AllTerainTiger (Banned)

Latest Response Ever and rally cross is still rally its just mixed with different terrains like going from dirt to Tarmac or mud to cement

11. mexgamer

mexgamer

Very different format actually, Rallycross takes place in closed circuits and competitors start at the same time, first one across the finish line wins, rally racing is extremely different. RallyX drivers usually don't have a navigator or co-pilot either...

12. AllTerainTiger

AllTerainTiger (Banned)

Actually some rally drivers an races don't use navigators and rally cross is extremely similar to rally an saying their extremely different is like saying basketball is extremely different from the NBA and rally as well takes place on closed circuits and rally isn't always just one person they can have more then one person as well but whatever's looks like the leagues not working out anyways so Ill just take my leave

13. mexgamer

mexgamer

Some rally drivers don't but I'm sure most drivers racing in the WRC do have a co-driver. As far as I know none of the WRC events take place in a short course closed circuit... This is like saying Short Course Off-Road Racing (like the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing League - LOORRS) is the same as desert racing like SCORE (Baja 1000) and BITD (Vegas to Reno), THEY ARE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT.
    What makes you think the league is not working out? I just wanted to invite you guys on this website, I already have my members and everything, if you can't appreciate an invitation and just feel like criticizing everything that is new well too bad for you, your loss.