Extremely disappointed...

• Thread starter WhiteShadw
  • 13 comments
White-Shadw
Hello GT-planet,

I was plagued with the hard reset issues since launch (auto shutdown on the tutorial race, or any race, or also when buying cars or choosing an outfit) so I decided to shelve the game for a while to see if PD would patch in the supposed problems. I cannot believe this still hasn't been solved.. am I missing something?

I've been having a blast playing GT 5, GTA 5, Battlefield 4 & COD: Ghosts in the mean time.. but this is purely frustrating. I suppose I cannot trade-in or get a refund at this point.

Any of you nice gentlemen & ladies help me out with the trouble shootin'?

And yes, I have updated to v1.05 and I'm patiently also waiting for v1.06 for a fix.

Oh and yes, I have a fatty. I am currently tempted to do a complete service of the PS3 and re-apply new thermal pastes and open up the blu-ray and clean the lens etc. That's probably my only hope for now.

Thanks

Mmm. Have you done a HDD rebuild?
How loud does your fanget before it hard locks?
Have you played The Last Of Us? if your PS3 survives that. . it can survive anything. I think your HDD is likely corrupt, just the GT part of it. DO NOT RE-FORMAT it, just try a HDD rebuild.
You could also delete your game data (back up your save data 1st) and delete the GT6 game data in Game Data Utility.
If you have your MP3s running in the background when playing, disable them and check if you still have the problems. At launch, my MP3s actually caused the game to lock up as their bitrate was not supported by the game.

www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-General/How-To-Speed-Up-Your-PS3-by-Rebuilding-Your-Hard-Disk-Database/td-p/12260361

Last edited:
Since replacing my ps3, gt6 runs flawlessly in regards to crashing and triple beeps etc.

Still some screen tearing and the odd frame rate drop, but zero crashes/freezes.

The original ps3 that won't run gt6 still plays other games fine.

Yes.. I have. That's what got me past the tutorial race but then starting gimping on me later on.

How about deleting system data in the save data utility? Delete every trace of GT6 except your save game and try and install from the begining.
It may be your HDD is faulty and needs replacing. GT6 does heavy read/write onto the HDD.
GTA V, you say works fine? So it isnt the BLU ray drive as that game streams off there alot.

Since replacing my ps3, gt6 runs flawlessly in regards to crashing and triple beeps etc.

Still some screen tearing and the odd frame rate drop, but zero crashes/freezes.

The original ps3 that won't run gt6 still plays other games fine.

Are you running a custom HD in your previous PS3?

How about deleting system data in the save data utility? Delete every trace of GT6 except your save game and try and install from the begining.
It may be your HDD is faulty and needs replacing. GT6 does heavy read/write onto the HDD.
GTA V, you say works fine? So it isnt the BLU ray drive as that game streams off there alot.

I uninstalled the game data when I shelved it. I re-downloaded everything from scratch just yesterday. Oh and I'm running a WD 250gb HDD which I installed in January, granted it is a drive from one of those WD passports I had lying around. Could it be that? Turning off auto-install also made me play for longer.GTA V runs FLAWLESSLY, no hiccups or loading issues.. runs like a beast!

Are you running a custom HD in your previous PS3?

I uninstalled the game data when I shelved it. I re-downloaded everything from scratch just yesterday. Oh and I'm running a WD 250gb HDD which I installed in January, granted it is a drive from one of those WD passports I had lying around. Could it be that? Turning off auto-install also made me play for longer.
Nope all completely as it came from the factory.

I tried everything I the safe menu multi times.

Best I could do was get Into an arcade race and stay there, if I quite out to change track or car it would freeze, I could play on the same track for up to half an hour before a freeze if I didn't come out to change anything.

After a freeze I would need to leave the ps3 off for atleast half an hour to cool, before being able to load up the single arcade race again.

Nope all completely as it came from the factory.

I tried everything I the safe menu multi times.

Best I could do was get Into an arcade race and stay there, if I quite out to change track or car it would freeze, I could play on the same track for up to half an hour before a freeze if I didn't come out to change anything.

After a freeze I would need to leave the ps3 off for atleast half an hour to cool, before being able to load up the single arcade race again.

I hate this.. I don't want to spend on another PS3 just for this.. because the PS4 is out and I'd rather go next-gen.. what a kick in the bollocks. I was happy with GT5's online.. until they shut it off.. I haven't even checked if they have.

I hate this.. I don't want to spend on another PS3 just for this.. because the PS4 is out and I'd rather go next-gen.. what a kick in the bollocks. I was happy with GT5's online.. until they shut it off.. I haven't even checked if they have.
Yeh its a right bummer.

Very annoying because it's fine with all my other games, just allergic to gt6 bizarrely.

Good luck.

(I'm waiting for G27/ps4 confirmation, then I'll be going next gen and replacing my wheel)

Yeh its a right bummer.

Very annoying because it's fine with all my other games, just allergic to gt6 bizarrely.

Good luck.

(I'm waiting for G27/ps4 confirmation, then I'll be going next gen and replacing my wheel)

I'm using the G27.. I'm sure it works with the PS4?

I'm using the G27.. I'm sure it works with the PS4?
As far as I'm aware, no confirmation yet.

There was a thread about it being confirmed not to work, someone emailed and asked Logitech, but it arose on April fools day. Not sure if it was disproven on not.

I'm in no rush to get a ps4 until GT7P/Drive club/pCARS gets released, and by then, we should have some solid confirmation of compatible wheels.

It would surprise me if it's not supported.

As far as I'm aware, no confirmation yet.

There was a thread about it being confirmed not to work, someone emailed and asked Logitech, but it arose on April fools day. Not sure if it was disproven on not.

I'm in no rush to get a ps4 until GT7P/Drive club/pCARS gets released, and by then, we should have some solid confirmation of compatible wheels.

It would surprise me if it's not supported.

I am in the same boat as you, I won't be buying a PS4 until those games are out.

If the next update doesn't address these issues, I swear I'm going to break the disc and the box it came in and make a curry out of it. Hopefully, a GT curry would get my money's worth.

Oh and I'll send it to KAZ.

Ah sorry to here bout ur issues with playing GT. My fat ps3 would crash all the time playing gt6 and then ylod followed. I've brought a new slim ps3 and the difference is immense. Less frames dropped and not crashed once yet. I took my fat ps3 apart and changed the thermal compound but it didn't help. Maybe time for a slim ps3.

The latest games for the ps3 have pushed the hardware to its limits. And the fattys are not coping. Mgs ground zeros and pga tour 14 pushed mine to the edge. Shame

Back