Extremely Slow Refuel Time In Custom Races

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 4 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
I hardly see this mentioned, is this not bugging anyone? It changed in last update if I'm not mistaken.

I always used Custom Race to test and practice different race strategies for my league races, but it's darn near impossible now with the current refuel rate in custom races, because refuel rate in lobbies are still normal.

Was this changed to fix some exploit or something like that?

Sorry if this has been throughly covered before, but I couldn't find much in my search :)

If you compare to any real racing, it seems to be quite accurate to real life.

Personally, I always hated how quick refueling was in the past; saving fuel by driving a hybrid LMP car at Le Mans felt like a useless endeavor.

Now, it’s an extremely viable strategy, since that time avoiding a pit stop just became much more valuable. (Just like in real life, remember 2011 for reference.)

I don’t think it could be implemented in Sport Mode, as the fuel consumption is so great that it’s too easy to burn an extra 4-5L to somebody else, just with a small bit of wheelspin here or there over a couple of laps.

Every race would simply be won or lost in the pits, based on who was refueling for 5 seconds and who was refueling for 20.

Maybe if the fuel consumption wasn’t accelerated, this would be fair, since the difference would only be 1-2L at most over a few laps, most likely. But then a pitstop wouldn’t even be necessary unless it was a SUPER long Sport mode race.

I think the quick refueling (which PD adjusts race to race for Sport mode) is perfect for the accelerated fuel burn in these races. But it always bothered me how this didn’t line up to real life fueling times when trying to do an actual endurance race in custom race.

I’m sure some people dislike it, but I enjoy it.

Of course, PD could just give us the option to change the fuel refill rate ourselves, or limit fuel tank size (options which clearly can be altered, somehow, if one looks at the Sport mode race settings) but that would be logical, so I doubt PD will do it.

If you compare to any real racing, it seems to be quite accurate to real life.

Personally, I always hated how quick refueling was in the past; saving fuel by driving a hybrid LMP car at Le Mans felt like a useless endeavor.

Now, it’s an extremely viable strategy, since that time avoiding a pit stop just became much more valuable. (Just like in real life, remember 2011 for reference.)

I don’t think it could be implemented in Sport Mode, as the fuel consumption is so great that it’s too easy to burn an extra 4-5L to somebody else, just with a small bit of wheelspin here or there over a couple of laps.

Every race would simply be won or lost in the pits, based on who was refueling for 5 seconds and who was refueling for 20.

Maybe if the fuel consumption wasn’t accelerated, this would be fair, since the difference would only be 1-2L at most over a few laps, most likely. But then a pitstop wouldn’t even be necessary unless it was a SUPER long Sport mode race.

I think the quick refueling (which PD adjusts race to race for Sport mode) is perfect for the accelerated fuel burn in these races. But it always bothered me how this didn’t line up to real life fueling times when trying to do an actual endurance race in custom race.

I’m sure some people dislike it, but I enjoy it.

Of course, PD could just give us the option to change the fuel refill rate ourselves, or limit fuel tank size (options which clearly can be altered, somehow, if one looks at the Sport mode race settings) but that would be logical, so I doubt PD will do it.

Yeah you're right about comparison to real life, don't know why I didn't think about that :).

However, my main complaint, is that the fuel refill rate is different between lobby and custom race. It was very handy in the past to use custom race to setup a race, mimicking the league races, to practice and test different strategies, but it's not so practical anymore with the huge difference in refuel rate.

Personally I feel refuel rate should be an adjustable parameter when making lobbies. One of many simple things that could be done to dramatically improve the lobby feature.

I think the problem its with the refueling process itself.
For me it seems that is almost the same time between custom races and lobbies.

The issue is only regarding the time it takes to get to the pits. In custom races it takes liek 5 seconds since the moment you enter the pits, to the moment the mechanics start working on your car. As in the lobbies it takes 15 or more seconds.

Its pretty heird... Anyboby else noticed?

Back