Extremely tired of PD's online only nonsense. Constantly not saving my liveries

United States
USA
As title says, I am just tired of constantly losing my work due to the never ending spinning foolishness that happens when I try to save a livery edit. Its happening way too steady, several time a day. Its like Russian roulette when you go to save your livery. It doesn't matter if you save often or not. It just can happen at any time. I've had to redo so many liveries due to this nonsense. Another problem with this bug is that when you restart and try to load the car and livery in the editor, it just wont show up. Just more spinning. So some of the liveries are permanently destroyed.

This will be the last PD game I will buy. The game does not have enough content and too many other problems to list.

I don't even really play the game, just create liveries because there really is no point to playing most of the tracks due to pathetic payout, not to mention every car, including racecars, feels like a front driver under braking with massive push no matter how you try to dial it out. Most of the tracks I don't play, just the ones with decent payout like Le Sarthe and Spa. This repetitive saving bug is the final straw for me.

Anyone else dealing with this? Any way around it? Probably not.

Last edited:
What's your home internet like? Sounds like maybe your connection keeps dropping (if only temporarily)?

I've only got standard home internet & haven't experienced that on PS5.

If you don't enjoy or play most of the game and only do liveries, I'd imagine you'd probably have more fun with a design editor on your PC - maybe worth investigating those & save yourself the heartache.

I'm not often in the livery editor but never had this issue. Heck, I've barely ever had a disconnect, and if I had it was my whole internet connection messing around, not just GT.

Sounds like it's more of an issue with your connection... Are you connected via WiFi or wired?

How are you downloading and uploading decals, liveries, etc....? If it wasn't online, you couldn't do any of that.

I've noticed the bulk of people who complain about the online aspect of this game don't realize how much they rely on the online aspects of the game.

Anyone else dealing with this? Any way around it? Probably not.
Sorry, you've not really accurately described the exact issue you're having, but failing to save and sitting there with a spinny thing until it times out has in the past been solved by changing your connection method. I could only get a save occasionally when my Playstation was connected via my Wi-Fi, plugged in a cable to the router from the PS instead and it's been bullet proof since. 60mb/s connection, about 10 feet from the router, but it made all the difference.

The only time I experience save issues with liveries is when I'm on my rubbish internet connection. It never saves properly when I'm on my (cabled) home "broadband." However, when I use my mobile broadband, I experience no livery save issues whatsoever.

The only time I experience save issues with liveries is when I'm on my rubbish internet connection. It never saves properly when I'm on my (cabled) home "broadband." However, when I use my mobile broadband, I experience no livery save issues whatsoever.
I think some routers may not be compatible. My old one did not have a PS4 setting, only PS3 and Xbox. The ISP told me it was fine, for PS4.... but it wasn't for GTS. I informed them I was seeing conflicts in the Universal Plug and Play, they swapped it without charge. I haven't had the same issues since switching.

Never had the issue myself (PS5) and I spend a lot of time in the editor. My connection is pretty solid using a LAN cable and with speeds typically ranging >200/11. ....actually, it's now 300+ as my ISP has improved our service. Stoked about that but really makes little difference in my gaming experience aside from downloading titles, updates, etc.

I would explore the possibility of it being your connection and / or another issue as some have mentioned. As for always online, I'd prefer games didn't have this requirement but if I'm going to be honest, it rarely affects me unless its a known, wide ranging issue / outage.

Good luck.

I think some routers may not be compatible. My old one did not have a PS4 setting, only PS3 and Xbox. The ISP told me it was fine, for PS4.... but it wasn't for GTS. I informed them I was seeing conflicts in the Universal Plug and Play, they swapped it without charge. I haven't had the same issues since switching.
Type of NAT used to be important on Playstation. Not sure how it is now.

Playing on a regular PS4, on a wi-fi connection and I don't like this "online only" philosophy PD started on GT Sport either.

But, to be honest, what you describe only happened to me once since GT7 launch and was on the first week, when saving a suit customization.
Use regularly the livery editor, as I put my personalized layout in every car I race in the game. It's a pretty basic livery, don't spent much time in any car but I have to save it every time and never had issues, except that one time, on the very beginning, with the suit.

EDIT: My issue is more with the fact that, being the servers down (just look what happened with update 1.07) or having an issue with my internet connection, can't do anything other than some arcade races with a handful of stock cars only.
As far as for the livery editor, with all the community uploaded decals being cloud stored, the usage of the tool would always be very limited without a live internet connection.

Last edited:
Never had an issue. I'd be blaming you isp not the game.

As for liveries having to uploaded and "always online", how do you expect other people to see your liveries if they are not uploaded to a server?

Appreciate the comments. It was three lost liveries in a day and a half that led to my rant lol. The other frustrations with the game just compounded it.

My internet is FIOS with high speed. All my devices are hooked up to it. When I get the problem with the saving, I instinctively check my other devices to see if they are having trouble connecting. None have a problem. I only have my ipad and laptop connected to the net. I have no problems with Amazon prime or any other internet service, only GT7.

As for the online only issue, its not about uploading my liveries to a server, the problem I have is that because its all online, I can lose my liveries permanently due to this server issue, as has happened many times to me. I wish we could also save it locally so it would not be lost and even play full game offline.

I blamed the game because its the only thing experiencing any problems in my home. I get server errors from time to time too or lost connections to PD's server yet everything else is fine. Since it appears its not my internet provider problem then I assumed it has to be server problem. Or it could be my PS4 but none of the other games have this problem. I'm at a loss if it isn't PD's servers hanging.

I would suggest clearing your network cache (or whatever it is called) in Options > Network ingame, and then possibly doing the same to the game itself in the PS options.

What makes this online only worse is especially for people who crap internet.

Pd did not even consult the fans and went with a feature that most fans were not ready for.

To have online only your servers have to be stable with proper tech and infantstructure.

Some people defend pds actions rather than calling them out.

Appreciate the comments. It was three lost liveries in a day and a half that led to my rant lol. The other frustrations with the game just compounded it.

My internet is FIOS with high speed. All my devices are hooked up to it. When I get the problem with the saving, I instinctively check my other devices to see if they are having trouble connecting. None have a problem. I only have my ipad and laptop connected to the net. I have no problems with Amazon prime or any other internet service, only GT7.

As for the online only issue, its not about uploading my liveries to a server, the problem I have is that because its all online, I can lose my liveries permanently due to this server issue, as has happened many times to me. I wish we could also save it locally so it would not be lost and even play full game offline.

I blamed the game because its the only thing experiencing any problems in my home. I get server errors from time to time too or lost connections to PD's server yet everything else is fine. Since it appears its not my internet provider problem then I assumed it has to be server problem. Or it could be my PS4 but none of the other games have this problem. I'm at a loss if it isn't PD's servers hanging.
Try this:

Last edited:
It's not like this issue is unknown to be honest. Matski found out that it depends on how the PS is connected to the internet probably within the first month of GT's release and since then it's been discussed countless times. Usually people then argue about how good their connection is and when actually convinced to try it surprise surprise, their liveries save.

How are you downloading and uploading decals, liveries, etc....? If it wasn't online, you couldn't do any of that.

I've noticed the bulk of people who complain about the online aspect of this game don't realize how much they rely on the online aspects of the game.
That's... not nearly the same thing.

Games can have online parts, of course. That doesn't require the entire game to have a forced connection at all times. Games have managed this just fine for... well, at least 20 years.

The OP never mentioned uploading or downloading either, only saving. Saving decals and liveries should not require a connection to the server, especially when it might just delete your decal or livery if the upload fails.

My lord, i am waiting over 10 minutes just for it to apply my already made livery on my car, maybe its the PS4 but damn this effin game... about to abort (haha, its not like you can even do that without turning off the game) at 30%. What a joke.

****ing hell. Goes to 33% and couple minutes later its back at 30%. Goes up to 33% and back to 30%. Aborting again after 6+ minutes. Utter joke this game.

Last edited:
The solutions to your issue is a little scroll up away...
It's not like this issue is unknown to be honest. Matski found out that it depends on how the PS is connected to the internet probably within the first month of GT's release and since then it's been discussed countless times. [...]

Last edited:
Thanks Famine and others for the ideas. I don't think that is it though. Today another painful hit with a twist. I worked on a livery for about 5 hours between yday and this morning, nervously saving multiple times along the way with, thankfully, no problems. Then later this morning the server error came up and the PlayStation screen froze with a brown gray theme and "saving" with no spiral in the lower right screen. This is a new one I hadnt seen before. It stuck like that for over 20 minutes. The only thing the controller could do it go to home screen. The game was frozen.

Keep in mind that I was saving along the way every 5 mins or so for about 5 hours. So I, eventually after waiting for about 25 mins total, reset the console. I now got back to my livery that I was working on expecting the same problem. Well this time it loaded but it loaded the my work from 6 hours ago not any of the many saved jobs I did during my 5plus hour modding. So all my saving I did was to no avail as the 5 plus hours of work was totally destroyed. I don't see how this is not a PD server problem. What happened to all my saved work? It was saved to the PD server. It was a lot of work too on that model. I truly cannot stomach this game any longer. I tried to give it a chance but just too many issues and losing your work so often is beyond acceptable. My connection is solid.

If its not a PD server problem, then where is my work that was successfully saved to it? I cant give them a pass on this one.

Same issue, wonky connection that's stable enough to pretend everything's fine but in fact it isn't.

Same issue, wonky connection that's stable enough to pretend everything's fine but in fact it isn't.
Really. I knew I couldn't be the only one. No doubt, some of these livery save issues could be connection issues. However, I have a stable connection. If it was my connection, then when I restarted the console, the livery that loaded for the AMG should have been my last successful save I did less than on hour earlier. Instead, what loaded was the livery from a save 6 hours earlier. That is not my connection problem. That is squarely PD server problem. Why did it load my livery from 6 hours prior instead of the save I did just about 40 minutes prior to the server error? Why did it choose to load a livery from 6 hours ago instead of one of the 20 or more saves I did before the error?

I'm not a tech genius but I don't see how my problem is a connection problem. Also, it does not load most of my GT Sport liveries. That's also not my connection problem. Too many issues to list with this game.

Back