F1 2010 Career mode - Who will you be?

• Thread starter DC9990
  • 26 comments

DC9990

Premium
GTP_DC9990
So with F1 2010 less than 2 weeks away I was wondering what name you are going to use in F1 2010s career mode?
Are you going to stick your own name in & make yourself a F1 Legend?
Or are you going to bring back a previous F1 driver & give them the career they never had?
Will Takuma Sato come back to F1 to destroy all opposition?
Will Marco Apicella race for more than 800 metres?
Or will Ayrton Senna team with his nephew at Hispania?
The possibilities are endless, So what are you going to do?

I'm probably going to do either:

A: Be myself and promptly drive for HRT, telling Colin Kolles to go home.

B: Be Luca Badoer and give him the points that he truly deserves.

C: Be either Ravenwest driver from GRiD and continue their domination in CM racing games.

I'll end up being either:
a) Myself, Start with Lotus up to first points, Move to Williams if available by then (stay there) Or Sauber then Williams.
b) Takuma Sato & make him win drivers titles, I miss Sato! Why hasnt he got a drive?! Sato + Kobayashi at Sauber would be ACE!
Shame Kamui would drop away from the team if "Sato" joined as he's 2nd driver. Pedro should go instead.

b) Takuma Sato & make him win drivers titles, I miss Sato! Why hasnt he got a drive?! Sato + Kobayashi at Sauber would be ACE!
Shame Kamui would drop away from the team if "Sato" joined as he's 2nd driver. Pedro should go instead.

Sato is now tearing up Indy cars instead of F1 cars.

I will play as Lewis Hamilton first as I plan on doing a normal championship before starting career mode as myself as the first US champions since Mario Andretti.

Well I'll mostly be doing Career I'll be doing it as the great Felipe Massa or possibly Robert Kubica being a Renault-phile.

I've heard that you can only play as a licenced driver in career mode. Which seems a bit weird to me. Sure, I'd love to play as Jenson Button or Vitaly Petrov, but they're all in major teams and I'd be starting out with a seven-year run to begin with. Seeing Button in a Lotus or driving a Virgin would just be weird ... and if I can only play as one of the six drivers in the three bottom teams, what happens if I don't want to play as Kovalainen, Glock, Senna, Trulli, di Grassi or Chandhok/Yamamoto?

Where did you hear that?

You can only play as a licenced driver in all other game modes.

I think it was an IGN article? I don't know. But it said that you can only play as a licenced driver in career mode and as yourself in everything else. But from the sounds of things, they've either gotten it backwards, or I misread it.

They must have gotten it backwards, unless I've got it wrong & theres a seperate career mode?
I thought the live the life thing where you put in any name you want & start from the bottom (if you do the 7 year one) was the career mode

Live the Life is a part of career mode. It refers to everything that happens off-track within that section of the game. The idea is that Formula 1 extends beyond the race track to the media room and the paddock, and that decisions you make there will trickle down into your racing. F1 '05 is the only other Formula 1 game that I've played, and it had something similar; your results attracted the attention of the other teams, who would offer you new roles depending on your performances. But F1 2010 takes it a step further and actually recreates the physical space of it and populates it with people. I always felt kind of lonely and isolated playing F1 '05, largely because it was all done through text on a menu screen. It didn't feel like I had any bearing over the situation.

So yeah, Live the Life is a part of the wider career mode. It's like the game will also have single race and time trial options to play with as well.

I'll be me, at Lotus and hopefully i can have a helmet similar to my avatar here :D

They do have a red cross for England so you will be able to use that, From what I've seen there arent many helmets.
A few countries flags then solid colours & Davidsons helmet.
It seems as though majority of people are starting out in a Lotus, who as of next year are Team Lotus (like the old days)

Career = Me
Champ = Haven't decided.. maybe one of the underdog teams... Or maybe Button...

This whole pretending to be someone else thing makes me want to blow grits. I buy these games for me to grow and stay sharp not to be forced to emulate some one who is the son of a rich parent that allowed them to be where they are today. If I have to be someone I’ll pick the slowest rich kid on the circuit because it doesn’t matter. I expect to race here in the league as myself.

This whole pretending to be someone else thing makes me want to blow grits. I buy these games for me to grow and stay sharp not to be forced to emulate some one who is the son of a rich parent that allowed them to be where they are today. If I have to be someone I’ll pick the slowest rich kid on the circuit because it doesn’t matter. I expect to race here in the league as myself.

relax... it's all in a bit of fun :dopey:

You actually do play as yourself in career mode - it's in single races that you take on the role of a licenced driver.

But if you'd bothered to read the preceding discussion, you'd know that already.

I'm still deciding on whether to do a 3 year or a 5 year career, I'm pretty sure I won't have time to run a 7 year so I'll skip that. If I do a 5 year I'll probably drive for Scuderia Torro Rosso and if I do a 3 year I'm thinking Williams or BMW Sauber if you can choose them.

For the Championship I'll go with Alonso, maybe Massa but more than likely Alonso.

Back