F1 2010 FFB = weak

• Thread starter CLIFFO_83
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
I have all FFB effects on 100% and it still feels very weak.....I'm using a G25.

I thought code masters would have addressed this problem after grid and dirt 2...

or maybe my wheel is faulty:crazy:

FFB is funny, when I'm waiting for the lights on the grid my wheel decides to point to the left with quite some force, then when the race starts its weak. Theres no variation in FFB strength its just consistent throughout the race.

I have all FFB effects on 100% and it still feels very weak.....I'm using a G25.

I thought code masters would have addressed this problem after grid and dirt 2...

or maybe my wheel is faulty:crazy:

Nope, mine also stays too weak. It actually feels worst than Grid and Dirt 2, I have no feel for the tire/road surface contact unless I go over a curb. Very disappointing.

I have never liked using a wheel with any of Codemasters racing games - it always feels so unresponsive, even back in the days of their PS1 and PS2 games. I don't own a wheel for my PS3 racing games. I will say that the GT games are the only ones that a wheel works prefectly with.
With F1 2010 I will only use the control pad.

I have never liked using a wheel with any of Codemasters racing games - it always feels so unresponsive, even back in the days of their PS1 and PS2 games. I don't own a wheel for my PS3 racing games. I will say that the GT games are the only ones that a wheel works prefectly with.
With F1 2010 I will only use the control pad.

Do you exist only to put Codemasters down?

I found it very weak to start out but after I switched the settings to max it feels quite good - the wheel weight has to be at 100 though.

This is with a DFGT so I cannot speak to your experiences. With a DFGT though it feels similar to Prologue after beefing up settings. Not near rFactor quality feedback, but still quite good.

I say that the FFB is WAY less responsive than GT5 prologue with the F2007. But I still love driving the game with the g25. This is my stop gap for nov 2nd.

I found it very weak to start out but after I switched the settings to max it feels quite good - the wheel weight has to be at 100 though.

This is with a DFGT so I cannot speak to your experiences. With a DFGT though it feels similar to Prologue after beefing up settings. Not near rFactor quality feedback, but still quite good.

I agree. My initial assessment of it was a bit harsh because I didn't have everything cranked up to full. It's pretty decent FFB, but it's not quite as responsive to kerbs and bumps in the road as it is in F1:CE.

This subject was also discussed in another thread, the best setting is to use force feedback at 100 and wheel weight set to 0.
The reason for this is that the wheel weight overides the FF too much so you cant feel the effects of FF so well.
I tested this out last night, and my lap times where faster using this setting because I could feel what the car was doing much better through the wheel.

This subject was also discussed in another thread, the best setting is to use force feedback at 100 and wheel weight set to 0.
The reason for this is that the wheel weight overides the FF too much so you cant feel the effects of FF so well.
I tested this out last night, and my lap times where faster using this setting because I could feel what the car was doing much better through the wheel.

I'll try this later.

that's excellent i didn't know that, going to try this out now.

Seems weak to me also.

Yeah I am going to try the zero setting too. Feel also gets better with driving aids off.

Is wheel deadzone set to zero also?

I started a new thread for G25 set up!

Last edited:
Back