F1 2010 Qualification bug?

• Thread starter drumc0de
  • 14 comments
yafeets2big
I've found that so far throughout my career, after qualifying first, I keep getting dropped back to 17th on the grid for race day.
Anyone else having this issue?

(Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, can't seem to find anything on this)

hi
I think it's because you only do q1.If you do more than 20% race you have all 3 qual sessions.When in pit look at the time info.It's all the way to the right.If you're 1 in q1 just accelerate time or go straight to q2 and so on.

Yep I agree, although there is a bug in the online qualification system where by some players get stupidly quick times for no aparent reason....although this maybe down to rank handicap but if it is it's way out of sync

hi
I think it's because you only do q1.If you do more than 20% race you have all 3 qual sessions.When in pit look at the time info.It's all the way to the right.If you're 1 in q1 just accelerate time or go straight to q2 and so on.

Thanks for that, wasn't aware of that option. Will give it a try.

Yep I agree, although there is a bug in the online qualification system where by some players get stupidly quick times for no aparent reason....although this maybe down to rank handicap but if it is it's way out of sync

It's because the game doesn't always count sector 3 in your lap time - even in qualifying.

Could you be getting a grid penalty?

In my first race I qualified in Pole but because I had received two 5 place penalties for "dangerous driving" - (doing a doughnut on track after a spin) - I started the race in 11th

I was playing online and in qualifying I managed a 1:34 on Valencia. F1 fans will know that's impossible without cutting the track. Next lap was a 1:54 but going into sector 3 it added 10 seconds to my time. Why codemasters why?

Yeah Ive experienced the online sector 3 bug. Its a shame because other than that the online quali/race events are awesome.

I dont know why so many are moaning about this game.

IMHO:Best F1 console game ever! (I haven't tried any PC racers yet)

Well it turns out that I wasn't taking part in all 3 Q sessions.
Problem solved. P1 sorted.

Now to find an online race where I don't get shunted like Percy does to Thomas. (eewwwww...train love)

I'm not having problems with the Q1-Q3 thing, but how the hell do you 'fast forward'? I can only find the option to skip straight from Q1 to the race and that just puts me in 17th. So far I've had to wait for each session to end in real time!

I'm not having problems with the Q1-Q3 thing, but how the hell do you 'fast forward'? I can only find the option to skip straight from Q1 to the race and that just puts me in 17th. So far I've had to wait for each session to end in real time!

When you go on the screen in the pits, the first option where you see your and your teammates standings, click on that and there should be a sign to press button to fast forward.

Latest Posts

Back