F1 2011 ps3 controller configuration question.

• Thread starter krasch27
  • 3 comments
Australia
brisbane
Hello guys..i have just purchased F1 2011 on ps3. I am using the ds3 controller, and I have configured the X button as accelerator, and square button as brake/reverse(e.g gt5 style). By using these buttons rather than the suggested layout, am i adversely effecting my ability to modulate my throttle and braking? Will I be faster if I learn to use the R1/2 and L1/2?

You'll have more control for starters.

Using L2 and R2 means you can alter the amount of throttle/braking more freely. Particularly useful if you want to practice finding the optimum levels of acceleration/braking at certain sections of a track.

Using X and Square means you get the 'on/off' effect: throttle/brake is either 100% or 0%. Tapping the buttons say, in the middle of a corner, to compensate doesn't really help in my opinion.

Yeah, R2/L2 are the best for throttle/brake. You'll get used to them quickly, and once you do, you'll improve more then you would've with X/square :)

Cheers for your help, jcm & Desmo46. Ive since done a few time attacks back with the standard R2 as accelerator is way more precise.

Back