F1 2011 (version 1.02) Bug/Glitch List?

• Thread starter kj_mil
  • 3 comments
kj_mil
I've searched, and can't find anything.

Is there a thread/post which contains a list of the bugs/glitches that have been identified in F1 2011 (PS3) and still exist in the game since patch 1.02. I ask because I was sure there would be, but can't seem to find it.

I myself experienced an odd bug a few days ago. I was racing with my brother on an online co-op season, in China, with 20% races (11 laps in this case). I set my pit strategy to pit at the end of the 10th lap for Prime tyres. I entered the pit at this point, as planned, and as my car passed the point at which the finish line would be on the straight (remember I'm in the pit lane, and there is still another lap left to complete), I was black-flagged. The reason given was because I hadn't used both tyre compounds in the race!

Extreemely frustrating, especially as I was running first, 26 sec up on my brother (having already pitted), and my disqualification handed him the win.

Anyhow, my point was is there a bug/glitch list (for after version 1.02), and if not should we create one?

Even though you're in pitlane, I believe crossing start/finish before changing tires would incur a penalty. If your stall was before start/finish, then it would be OK. I think that's how it works anyway.

I believe Webber/Red Bull did this at the Nurburgring but can't remember where his pit was in relation to start/finish. Pretty sure it was before the line because it didn't draw any penalties.

Are you serious? There's a sticky thread in this very subforum. Just read through it and it should shed some light on the issues you might encounter while playing the game.

Even though you're in pitlane, I believe crossing start/finish before changing tires would incur a penalty. If your stall was before start/finish, then it would be OK. I think that's how it works anyway.

I believe Webber/Red Bull did this at the Nurburgring but can't remember where his pit was in relation to start/finish. Pretty sure it was before the line because it didn't draw any penalties.

plate88 - you could be correct, I don't have an intimate knowledge of the F1 rules, however I thought the rule was that you had to use both dry compounds during the course of the race, not that you had to do at least one full lap on each compound. I do remember the incident you are referring to, and I believe it was Vettel and Massa. Massa was very annoyed as Vettel managed to pass him in the stop.

Are you serious? There's a sticky thread in this very subforum. Just read through it and it should shed some light on the issues you might encounter while playing the game.

Mr. S - Thanks for your helpful response. I agree this thread contains a number of bugs / glitches which existed in the game at launch, and some updates on these since. There is also a thread which details the 'official' changes which were part of the 1.02 patch. I guess that as I spend most of my time on these forums in the GT5 section, I'm much more used to the first post in a thread being updated with the recognised bugs, and a new thread is started following each patch to track what has been fixed and what still remains, this is what I'm struggling to find.

By all means if this exists, then I agree that this is a duplicate thread and should be locked by a moderator.

By the way - thanks very much for all your tunes, I've found them really useful, having only received this game at Christmas, and they certainly help when I don't get much time to play.

Back