F1 2012 T500RS settings

• Thread starter acmilanxr
  • 13 comments
Currently I set steering saturation with 50%, steering linearity with 30%, others is 0%, environment 40%, feedback strength 50%, wheel weight 30%, wheel rotation 270°, PS3 version.

I have tested various settings, also checked in the codemasters F1 2012 community, but grip lost is inevitable in corners, meanwhile, the brake is not sensitive enough.

Does any guys can post some advices for this?

Last edited:
I'm using the following settings - however, I'm using the F1 rim. I can't guarantee they'll be the same for the GT rim as well. The rotation has been set to 270° as well, PC.

Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 30%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%

Feedback ON
Environmental Effects 100%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 100%

I'm using the following settings - however, I'm using the F1 rim. I can't guarantee they'll be the same for the GT rim as well. The rotation has been set to 270° as well, PC.

Thx guys, I tested with your parameter, still understeering, I feel F1 2012 much worse control than F1 2011.

How do you set wheel rotation on a PS3 ?

I'm using:

Steering Deadzone 1%
Steering Saturation 85%
Steering Linearity 1%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 20%

It's different from all settings I've seen online but it works for me...

Last edited:
How do you set wheel rotation on a PS3 ?

I'm using:

Steering Deadzone 1%
Steering Saturation 85%
Steering Linearity 1%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 20%

It's different from all settings I've seen online but it works for me...

my current rotation is 270, your settings seems generated in 1080 rotation? you can use left or right D-Pad + MODE button to adjust rotation in-game.

It certainly feels that way...

Do I need to connect it to a PC to change the wheel rotation ? I don't want to mess up my settings for other racing games...

So if you also use 1080 degrees of rotation op a PS3 with version 1.03 of this game these settings may work for you... I spent ages tuning these settings because none of the settings I found online seemed to work for me, I also started with version 1.03 and most settings where for earlier versions, I haven't tried the older versions of the game but from what I've read online wheel settings have changed quite a lot...

Last edited:
Thx guys, I tested with your parameter, still understeering, I feel F1 2012 much worse control than F1 2011.

The whole game has a lot more understeer than F1 2011, that's one thing you should keep in mind. It's next to impossible to replicate the 2011 feeling unless you tweak your wheel settings in the drivers etc. :)

Ok, I've changed my wheel to 270° rotation ( much better ) and now use these settings:

Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 10%
Steering Linearity 1%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 20%

I'm using the GT rim and realistic brake mod.

Pretty happy with it...

Last edited:
cheers guys,
do we need to set the angle of rotation in the beggining of every race or just the first time when we enter the game?
thks for your reply,

thks Madbeater, i bought this wheel 2 days ago i am still getting used to it,
I am using 270º and the setting by KOVACS and it works perfectly,
thks!

Does s.o. give me values for the control setup, so for the forces constant, periodic, damping etc. ?
And can explain what it means ?

Back