F1 2013 - doesn't recognise T300rs

United Kingdom
UK
RavingBonkers
I've just purchased a T300rs to play on GT6, and thought I would buy F1 2013 as well, but for some reason, I can't make the wheel work on F1 2013 but everything is ok on GT6 ?

I've even tried a custom set-up, but that didn't work either.

According to Thrustmaster, the T300rs should be recognised as a T500rs on the F1 game, but........

Well folks, what am I doing wrong ?

Edit - Used on a PS3 by the way, not computer

have you tried your T300RS with any other game? maybe the T300RS isnt connected with itself properly yet. that's what happened for me when i first starting using my T300RS on GT6. after i got all the missing cables plugged in it worked. it worked right from the start with F1 2013

have you tried your T300RS with any other game? maybe the T300RS isnt connected with itself properly yet. that's what happened for me when i first starting using my T300RS on GT6. after i got all the missing cables plugged in it worked. it worked right from the start with F1 2013

Thanks for the reply, the wheel works ok with GT6.

Update: I plugged in my old Driving Force Ex and that wasn't recognised either, so I assumed it must be a controller issue, I then unassigned my DS3 and hey presto, both wheels worked.

As a matter of interest, can the wheel and DS3 work together on this game ? I've played around re-assigning the DS3 and wheel but I can't get both to work together (I tend to use the DS3 to navigate the menu's as opposed to using the wheel)

As a matter of interest, can the wheel and DS3 work together on this game ? I've played around re-assigning the DS3 and wheel but I can't get both to work together (I tend to use the DS3 to navigate the menu's as opposed to using the wheel)

As far as I know, none of Codemasters' games allow you to use both DS3 and wheel at the same time. I have Grid 1/2/Autosport, Dirt 1/2/3 and F1 2010 and I always had to disable my DS3 to use my wheel, and vice versa. It's ridiculous. Why they haven't fixed this over 10 games I don't know :rolleyes:

The F1 games recognize whichever controller you use to start the game. If you don't want to go through the hassle of unassigning the DS3 every time you play, just press X on the wheel to start the game. And no, you can't use both at the same time with the F1 games.

Back