F1 2013 PS3 - what's so special?

• Thread starter Zevious Z
  • 15 comments
Canada
Winnipeg
It's on the PS store for $75 cdn for the "Classic Edition." Never seems to go on sale. F1 2014 is $20...is F1 2013 some sort of high water mark on the system or something? I'd like to pick it up because it seems to be well-regarded and looks to have lots of content but not for $75. It also seems to be pretty hard to find the disc version anywhere...

I spent weeks looking for the same game in the GTA. Gave up and picked it up from the PS store. I wouldn't say its worth full price compared to picking up one of the other copies for much less, but the graphics are better than 2011.

I didn't bother with the classic content yet because its probably only useful online and there doesn't appear to be many people online.

Edit: Found it difficult to find proper settings that felt good on the G27 but have that worked out now.

Last edited:
I'd likely spend almost all my time with the game just running laps in time trial mode so a couple more tracks is always something I like. But yeah I won't be dropping that kind of money on it. If the classic edition dropped to $20 I'd buy for sure...

Yeah I might be able to track down a disc version, but to be honest I've sorta grown to hate discs. lol...I actually prefer downloading games and running them from the HD of the PS3. Even though I have a new PS3 purchased about 6 months ago the disc player sounds like a hoover and it's pretty annoying.

it has the classic '80s content in it. . . forget exactly what, but has cars, drivers and a few circuits from the 1980's.
It is cool to run some of the old(er) F1's. It's on US Amazon site for $24.99 right now.

And you're right, not worth $75 but I would say it's worth $25.

It was easily the best code masters f1 title.

yeah that was what I surmised, which is why that's the one I've been wanting to get. Guess I'll just keep watchingfor a sale on the PS store. There was a sale last week that had a couple of the Grid games and Dirt 3 in it so I thought maybe I'd get lucky but nope...

Seriously, why don't they drop the price on this?? I mean it's sitting there at $75 for a digital download! They can't possibly be making anything off that data file at this point...drop it to $19.99 or something and pick up some sales for cryin out loud.

Seriously, why don't they drop the price on this?? I mean it's sitting there at $75 for a digital download! They can't possibly be making anything off that data file at this point...drop it to $19.99 or something and pick up some sales for cryin out loud.

It's $24.99 on Amazon right now (still). . . If you want, I'll order it and send it to you. Lmk!

I'd really rather not have the disc version. I get tired of listening to the vacuum cleaner, lol...is that amazon one the complete edition with all the dlc?

But really, I don't get how some of these devs think when it comes to this stuff. You have a data file just sitting there on a hard drive and there is no longer really any cost at all in terms of managing or maintaining that file. It's just sitting there. Put it at a reasonable price and you might actually keep generating some easy revenue! Nobody is going to grab it for $75 at this point...you drop it to $10-$20 and folks who already have the disc version might even double dip.

I understand, and no, I believe it's the basic game with the minimal "Classic Content" (something like 2 or 3 tracks, and 3 cars or so, been a while since I played it). You can still download the rest of the content though (I think).

It was like this for ages the UK, but now the standard edition is £10 and that appears to be a permanent price drop. You get the 2013 cars (obvs), 1988 Ferrari, Lotus and Williams, 1986 Lotus, 1980 Williams and 1976 Ferrari (1976 for TT purposes only)

I have '13 on the PS Store, bought it when the price dropped to 20 UK pounds. It's a good game, but not exceptional like a Gran Turismo title. I can't see what the allure is over any other F1 title. Since '11 they all seem very (too) similar to me.

I have a PS4, and I'll wait for around 10 months to buy the new '16 version out today. I only pay full whack price for an exceptional game that I will play for, years, otherwise I won't pay more than 20 UK pounds for a game. Paying full whack price is a shameful waste and an insult to the poverty stricken in the world. Give to charity folks!

Back